GoPro 4 Silver on the way - Mic adapters?

Skyd

Wannabie Member
May 2, 2021
New Hampshire
I ride a
2020 RPS Hawk 250
So if you caught my other recent thread you might know that I have a new (to me) GoPro on the way. Should be here on Monday. It's got a couple batteries, a couple cases, charger, all the manuals, some mounting accessories and the the floating selfie stick looking thing that I'll probably never use. All for $105.

Now, I need to sort out my audio. Potential problem here is that it sounds like aftermarket mic adapters can be troublesome. So I thought, NBD I'll get a GoPro one. Well they're all going for $70-80. I'm not spending that much on an adapter for a camera I paid $100 for, that's just silly.

So, I wondered if anyone can confirm any of the aftermarket brands that seem to work?

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I'm using a hero 3+ Silver, it should be the same as the Hero 4, and uses the older mini-usb connector unlike the new ones. I'm using the generic 90* USB connector that came with the purple panda kit I bought.

This is the mic kit I bought that came with the adaptor I am using.

Skyd

Wannabie Member
May 2, 2021
New Hampshire
I ride a
2020 RPS Hawk 250
Ok that's good to know. I knew it was the mini usb adapter type. I haven't decided if I want to try the purple panda or not yet but it's on my radar.

Skyd

Wannabie Member
May 2, 2021
New Hampshire
I ride a
2020 RPS Hawk 250
I'll have to do a bit more research but it seems like resistance is the issue. Some if not all of the knock off adapters lack a resistor or enough resistance to tell the GoPro that there's Audio coming in.

Time to head to the university of Youtube. I'm not opposed to wiring in a resistor.

Reactions: HippoDrone
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 31
G Camera Setups 11

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts