Go Pro & Handle Bar Mounts

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
My mirrors seem tight to the fairing. I will investigate more when I get home. 7 more days in the oil patch and then home for 5 weeks vacation. In the meantime here is where I place my clamp.View attachment 5753

That's a good spot, and it brings the camera up so you don't have such a severe upward angle for your "rider view". On my Street Glide, that same clamp only goes on upside-down, so the gooseneck has to be bent as much as possible to get the camera upright again.

-John

Reactions: TMackie

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I did have a mount, vert similar to the one on the first link, in the first post. It came with a cheap gopro knock off and I did use it few times, to put camera on crash bars like so:
secondangle.gif

Now, my bike does not have the vibration issue that R-Rated mentioned, but it does have a rubber seal\dampener in. Could it be that the ones that broke, actually were overtightened, so the plastic was under too much tension?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Yeah, that does look quite close, you def don't want to fit anything that can get caught or restrict steering movement! :)

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
That's a good spot, and it brings the camera up so you don't have such a severe upward angle for your "rider view".

Yeah I'd love to figure out a better way to mount my Hero 7 to my bars, something higher, because I'd love for the camera to be pointing up less.

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
Yeah, that does look quite close, you def don't want to fit anything that can get caught or restrict steering movement! :)
It's more of a fact that it doesn't appear to allow me to spin out the mirror without moving the fairing out of the way. The fairing is mounted on the bars and not fixed, so it moves with the bars. No fear of and restricted movement.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Yeah I'd love to figure out a better way to mount my Hero 7 to my bars, something higher, because I'd love for the camera to be pointing up less.

I did a quick Google of Goldwing GoPro mounts and came up empty, but I had this thought ... you could use a sticky mount [like on your helmet] and and arm or something to go off the windshield or fairing. From what I've read, you can remove the GoPro mount and its sticky double-sided tape pretty easily.

-John

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
Don’t need to worry I love Harley. In the beginning Vibration damper use RAM mounts. Let's go to handlebars so you need a cheap and good one. Check these handlebars they are too good and not expensive you can easily afford this.

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeyRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2023
Fleet
I ride a
Yamaha YBR Custom and a Suzuki SV650 - Toying with a Triumph of some sort, undecided as of yet.
Hi Folks,

has anyone gambled with the cheap handlebar mounts on amazon for phone and go pro as opposed to quadlock etc?

I am more worried about the go pro mount atm, would love to have rider facing footage for next few vids.

Considering these;

Go pro Handle bar Mount

Go Pro Handle bar mount 2

My only worry is no vibration damper, and I own a harley :/

had a quick search on forum but didn't see much in the way of specifics previously.

Thanks

John
I actually use the one form the 2nd link, although my bike has no where near as much vibrations as yours as its just an sv650. Does the job fine for me though! seems quite sturdy!

mount.png

LimeyRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2023
Fleet
I ride a
Yamaha YBR Custom and a Suzuki SV650 - Toying with a Triumph of some sort, undecided as of yet.
How are you getting on with the SV650 long term?
I'm loving it as a commuter bike, quick enough to have fun on, and small and agile enough to weave in and out of traffic.. not a massive fan of long journeys though, went to cheddar gorge on it (6 hr round trip) and was pretty achey the next day haha

• Love

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'm loving it as a commuter bike, quick enough to have fun on, and small and agile enough to weave in and out of traffic.. not a massive fan of long journeys though, went to cheddar gorge on it (6 hr round trip) and was pretty achey the next day haha
ta for the feedback :)

Reactions: LimeyRider

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts