Giveaways?

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic
Just wondering if anyone has done any giveaways or contests to help gain subs or views? How did benefit/hurt your channel? How of a PITA was it? Basic pros and cons.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have done a few giveaways... and when it has been for something substantial (I gave away a GoPro Hero 5) it got traffic, but shallow traffic, that all left after.
Do a sticker giveaway, as then only folk into your content will care. Reward those that exist,rather than bribe new folk to follow.
I'll poss not do another until I reach (if I reach) a proper milestone as folk get upset that they don't win when they don't follow the instructions.
If you do a giveaway, make it work for you.... point them towards your social media and make them share a post publicly, that way you can see that they have followed the rules, and it extends your reach hopefully

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
I have done a few giveaways... and when it has been for something substantial (I gave away a GoPro Hero 5) it got traffic, but shallow traffic, that all left after.
Do a sticker giveaway, as then only folk into your content will care. Reward those that exist,rather than bribe new folk to follow.
I'll poss not do another until I reach (if I reach) a proper milestone as folk get upset that they don't win when they don't follow the instructions.
If you do a giveaway, make it work for you.... point them towards your social media and make them share a post publicly, that way you can see that they have followed the rules, and it extends your reach hopefully

Solida advice thank you sir.

Reactions: HippoDrone

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
I’ve been pondering this same thing. Was thinking of something small as my channel is new and small. $50-100 range. Good points HippoDrone. Other experience out there on this issue? Lame to give away a GoPro mic. adapter? I have a brand new one I am going to send back but thought I might give that away.

Reactions: TheAbGarag

TheAbGarag

Wannabe YouTuber
Jul 17, 2020
Indiana
I ride a
I’ve been pondering this same thing. Was thinking of something small as my channel is new and small. $50-100 range. Good points HippoDrone. Other experience out there on this issue? Lame to give away a GoPro mic. adapter? I have a brand new one I am going to send back but thought I might give that away.

Ive got parts for my bike laying around that I put on and didn’t like so took off. They’re just collecting dust figured someone could use them and would maybe help drive subs/views.

Reactions: TBRD and Meifesto

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
As a viewer I get annoyed when channels I follow do a give-away but because they are in the USA they restrict entry to US viewers only (due to postage costs no doubt)

So while I undertsand it, as an overseas viewer (I'm in Australia) it annoys me a lot - make me feel left out / less valued.

Something to keep in mind I guess.

Reactions: TBRD and TheAbGarag

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I had a gaming channel and had a weekly giveaway video where I gave away video games with the only prerequisite was to comment. I gained some great subscribers from it. I wouldn't do it often unless the cost of it is next to nothing for you and if you enjoy doing the giveaways. I don't think the financial ROI is going to be worth it, but it was fun for me to do. If you do a giveaway make sure you don't ask people to do too much to enter unless you really look at the laws in every country. Many countries you will get in legal trouble if it can be considered gambling. For my giveaways I always kept the entry very simple and I always made the requirement of US and Canada entries only as those were the only countries I was certain that I was legal in. I however hinted that I would turn a blind eye to entries from other countries as it's not something I was checking for. Keeping the entry simple always makes people more appreciative of you. I didn't ask people to do anything for me like subscribe. I would say go for it if it's something you want to do and can afford, but don't expect it to pay off. Giveaways can be fun to do.

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
I did a give away once. 2 Motorcycle live tickets. not freebies either! Came with the free gift and all. I Actually had quite a few prizes lined up for a Lexmoto Forum. I thought everyone would be well interested and was the in thing.

lol no subs, 2 people entered. This was possibly due to my poor reach/presence anyway, but really wasn't worth it at the time. As others have said, it tends to be a quick spike in attention that wains afterwards. I don't think they stick around. If you had a huge channel, might give you some traction. Not been worth it in my opinion. If you can get it to work, ace man!

Reactions: HippoDrone

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
How many subs did you guys pick up per giveaway? Where did everyone post to get eyes on your giveaway?

I'm at 989 subs right now, I have a new in box AGV helmet I was thinking about giving away at 1000.

• Wow
Reactions: MickFist

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
How many subs did you guys pick up per giveaway? Where did everyone post to get eyes on your giveaway?

I'm at 989 subs right now, I have a new in box AGV helmet I was thinking about giving away at 1000.
Barely any, even on the GoPro giveaway.
The trouble with giving away a helmet IMO is that it will only fit a few people and will also cost a bit to post

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts