Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Middle.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Narrow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Wondering what settings others are using.

Mostly for helmet cams. I have my gopro on the bars set wide as possible, but I'm starting to think my helmet cam needs to not be quite as wide. I'm finding things I see when riding just seem too far away on the cam.

So what do you have yours set at.

my drifts on the max... otherwise I can't see much of the road nor bike and nice to have both in view. Although mines positioned to the right of my helmet so mounting position makes a difference too.

The Ghost S is a disappointment. I would have expected more FOV from the top of range camera. Not less. :(

But I prefer more FOV, like the SuperView on GoPros

As wide as possible. Don't know about medium, but a regular camera FOV on a moving bike looks absolute s**t

If solo riding, FoV is probably Superview or wide. If group riding, maybe wide or medium. Never used narrow.

The tussle between trying to get more into the frame -VS- fish-eyed distortion of the image -VS- the distance away from objects making you having to get really close to the bike or whatever in front.

The Ghost S is a disappointment. I would have expected more FOV from the top of range camera. Not less. :(

But I prefer more FOV, like the SuperView on GoPros
What is the max fov of the go pro? I wasn't able to find it in a quick google search. I think the 160 degrees on the drift s is pretty good. You can only add like 10 more degrees or so before you can't go any higher(although it would be cool to have like a 360 degree lens that you could just swap in)

What is the max fov of the go pro? I wasn't able to find it in a quick google search. I think the 160 degrees on the drift s is pretty good. You can only add like 10 more degrees or so before you can't go any higher(although it would be cool to have like a 360 degree lens that you could just swap in)

Well the Drift HD1080 was 170° and there is a noticeable difference between that and the 160° on the Ghost S. The GoPro is around 170° as well but the SuperView option records in a 4:3 aspect ratio and stretches it into a 16:9 giving you more FOV up top and bottom.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back