Music Found some mountain twisties.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Hamar and Gjovik are familiar names. I did visit the railroad museum and the old steamboat, last year.
Your main roads are as interesting, or better, as our better riding roads.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
There doesn't need to be a point if you are still interesting and engaging with your audience! :)

Last edited:

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Hamar and Gjovik are familiar names. I did visit the railroad museum and the old steamboat, last year.
Your main roads are as interesting, or better, as our better riding roads.

Nice, Skibladner (the boat in question) is something I want to make a vid of sometime. It's not cheap to get a ride on it though.

Their doesn't need to be a point if you are still interesting and engaging with your audience! :)

True, but then it comes down to charisma. I just have to see what works for me in the end, the pointlessness doesn't stop me from uploading.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I am no expert, far from it, you have been doing this a year longer than myself, so you know far more than I do. My thoughts are if you are interested in what you are talking about then someone else will be too if you put energy into your words. I am not a fan of music vlogs particularly but if they are still narrated and the audio and views are good as they are in this video, then folk will watch them and enjoy them! :)

Reactions: F4celess

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
@F4celess it wasn't though. The short ride was something like 300 crowns, back and forth. As a one time payment, I found it to be totally worth it.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited

Still trying to find my form in video making. Annoyingly I keep feeling that the vids are pointless tho.

Hey, a lot of folks may believe riding bikes in general is pointless. That does not stop us from doing it though.

I enjoy seeing other perspectives myself. Of course, being open minded can be a rare quality in some circles at times...

Music in a video can help bridge things. Sure some may prefer just the sound of the motor but if you use the music to set a mood, then why not?

I watched one where the music was barely there. I could hear it and it tied to random shots together.

Keep up the good work. Try new things and when you find what fits you, you will know because you will feel it.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
I am no expert, far from it, you have been doing this a year longer than myself, so you know far more than I do. My thoughts are if you are interested in what you are talking about then someone else will be too if you put energy into your words. I am not a fan of music vlogs particularly but if they are still narrated and the audio and views are good as they are in this video, then folk will watch them and enjoy them! :)

Yeah I'm probably not going to change my formula too much. I tend to narrate a bit when riding and I end up not using it because I tend to talk like an idiot about silly things or I make it very clear I know less than I should about the topic if I'm discussing a subject. Most of my knowledge lies outside of the motorcycle bubble and it would be kinda silly to talk about my last exploits in game development and art when the footage is from the saddle of my bike with screenshot overlays. A lot of other vloggers say the content I'm making and context I make it in should be at least somewhat related.

This calls for some pondering...

@F4celess it wasn't though. The short ride was something like 300 crowns, back and forth. As a one time payment, I found it to be totally worth it.

It's a bit better than I thought then. Last time I had to pay a bit more due to an event I attended happening on the boat.

Hey, a lot of folks may believe riding bikes in general is pointless. That does not stop us from doing it though.

I enjoy seeing other perspectives myself. Of course, being open minded can be a rare quality in some circles at times...

Music in a video can help bridge things. Sure some may prefer just the sound of the motor but if you use the music to set a mood, then why not?

I watched one where the music was barely there. I could hear it and it tied to random shots together.

Keep up the good work. Try new things and when you find what fits you, you will know because you will feel it.

thanks for the kind words. I'll keep poking around.

Reactions: R-Rated

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
... it would be kinda silly to talk about my last exploits in game development and art ...
Then why is the development not a motorcycle sim, with proper physics, like wheel and engine gyroscopic effects, and such. I have occasionally searched for something like that, without result for PC

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Then why is the development not a motorcycle sim, with proper physics, like wheel and engine gyroscopic effects, and such. I have occasionally searched for something like that, without result for PC

Actually simulating every rotating part in a game is a huge task. Physics in games are simplified from reality for both performance reasons and as a cost-saving measure. But it would be an interesting challenge that is a bit beyond my understanding of game logic.
The main problem is in how much of a direct input we as riders have on the machine. A car is all steering and pedals. But a bike has throttle, front/rear brake, moving the body, tucked/untucked. We also get a lot of feedback which is simply impossible to accurately emulate. So a perfectly simulated bike would still not feel very good due to how involved riding is.

I'll look into it through the summer, no promises.

Reactions: Theodor and R-Rated

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Maaaaaaaaaaan, that scenery is gorgeous. How bad is the wildlife encounter while on the bike though?
I have seen wildlife while on the bike maybe once or twice. So it's rare to hit deers and stuff for me. Years ago I was in an accident with a moose though, was all fine.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have seen wildlife while on the bike maybe once or twice. So it's rare to hit deers and stuff for me. Years ago I was in an accident with a moose though, was all fine.
a moose??? They are bloody huge! :O

Reactions: F4celess

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
a moose??? They are bloody huge! :O
didn't wreck the car. Just damaged the front wing and hood as well as the windshield. We were driving down a windy road in the dark, deep winter. The area was known for frequent moose crossings so we were careful but traction is so and so. We hit it with the front left corner of the car, it slid across the hood and fell off on the other side after hitting the windshield briefly on the passenger side. We were a bit shaken of course. Car was drivable after the event. The authorities also checked on the moose who seemed to be fine as well. Best possible scenario. I have seen bigger animals than that.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
With how tall they are you could probably go under them with a sportbike.
Not likely. More of a chance of breaking your neck. I've heard a story that happened in Finland. I will not guarantee this to be 100% accurate, because it was told by my driving instructor, years ago.
In short, police received a report of dead motorcyclist, on a straight empty road. Sure enough he was lying in the middle of the road, no dragmarks on his leather or anything. No bike around either. After some searching, they found the bike in a ditch, more then a km away, at the next bend. Some while later they found a dead moose some half a km from the accident scene, in the forest. So the bike went through just fine, but the rider received a harsh reduction in speed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R-Rated Members Vlogs 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO