General First vlog in awhile

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Is that windshield causing your handlebars to twitch? Or do you need to replace your steering stem bearings?

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
Is that windshield causing your handlebars to twitch? Or do you need to replace your steering stem bearings?
I don't think they're actually twitching, I don't seem to notice them wobbling at all while riding. I think it's Sony's image stabilization making things look kinda weird. Then again those roads were pretty bumpy. I'll have to pay closer attention to them now

Reactions: R-Rated and Theodor

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
You can see it right at the beginning of the video, when you make the pirate video. And then later too. I can't rule out it's due to road surface, just caught my eye. I had to replace steering bearings recently, and the steering did want to wobble when I let go of the handlebars. Even on smooth surface.

Reactions: burlyjack

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
You can see it right at the beginning of the video, when you make the pirate video. And then later too. I can't rule out it's due to road surface, just caught my eye. I had to replace steering bearings recently, and the steering did want to wobble when I let go of the handlebars. Even on smooth surface.
Yeah I know I'll have to do my bearings soon. These VTX's came with crappy roller bearings from the factory and they're pretty notorious for premature wear. I don't seem to notice a wobble when I'm riding but I can feel the steering starting to get a bit sloppy

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
The bars twitching is image stabilization. You can tell cause it happens with the helmet too. Look forward to maintenance videos

Reactions: burlyjack
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Drakhen99 Members Vlogs 4

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts