Not open for further replies.

finnoctane

Wannabie Member
Jun 4, 2013
London, United Kingdom
www.twitter.com
I ride a
KTM 990 Superduke R
Hi all, firstly Happy New Year! I'm FINNOCTANE, a new motovlogger on YouTube from London, UK. I think I'm the only Finnish motovlogger in the UK but my vlogs are all in English otherwise it would be a pretty niche audience!

My ride
A KTM 690 Duke III which is my first bike and the wildcard choice after I got my licence. It's a great because it's amazingly light and I'm able to learn how to do the maintenance myself due to it being thumper. Parts are easy to get a hold of and plastic body parts can be replaced without too much pain or heartache.

Why motovlogging?
I started because it's motovloggers who got me into biking so I hope that my vlogs can do the same for others. So I'd like to thank you all for what you do as it also got me into Enduro...which is nothing short of spectacular. The whole filming and editing aspect is fun as it's pretty challenging platform but getting the sound right was a nightmare but I think I'm getting there...hopefully!

The film set
So this is where it gets a little complicated...GoPro Hero 3 mounted on my helmet filming at 1080p 30fps. Audio is recorded separately from a lav mic hiding behind a cheekpad and sent to a Zoom H1 recorder in my jacket pocket at 48kHz/24bit. No way am I having wires hanging from my helmet ready to be snagged by a truck in London!

The video is all converted to Prores 422 (LT) in MPEG Streamclip then bunged into Final Cut Pro. The audio track from the Zoom is kept uncompressed in a WAV format and processed in Audacity where I clip fix, compress, normalise and export it for syncing in FCP. After a whole bunch of jump cuts and a pinch of colour grading later - it's ready to go.

My first motovlog
No explanation need here but I hope you enjoy, any criticism or praise is welcome. Links to subsequent vlogs are below if you didn't fall asleep.

Everyone needs a bit of Enduro
Missing my Snowmobile
Alcohol & Christmas
Holiday Greetings on Boggy Roads

www.youtube.com/finnoctane

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Welcome to motovlog :)

Nice introduction as well, it's nice to have a proper once instead of 'here is my link' :)

Reactions: finnoctane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts