Finally some accountability from YouTube

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
This might be better in the new rider tips but I think we can all learn from this one -

Yesterday I happened upon a news story here in the US about a motovlogger that got more than they bargained for. I will list the articles in chronological order -

By Tony Keith
Published: Oct. 9, 2023 at 12:50 PM CDT

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - A spokesperson for the Colorado Springs Police Department says they are well aware of a viral video that appears to show a motorcyclist driving more than 150 miles per hour along I-25 recently.
Multiple KKTV 11 News viewers started reaching out on October 5 with a link to the YouTube video from user “Gixxerbrah.” The video was posted on Oct. 2 and showcased a motorcyclist speeding from the Garden of the Gods exit from Colorado Springs to Denver. The speedometer on the bike shows the motorcyclist hitting speeds of 173 miles per hour as they weave in and out of traffic.
While between Colorado Springs and Castle Rock, speeds appeared to hit close to 180 mph.
The actual identity of the motorcyclist is unknown. As of Monday morning, the video had nearly 500,000 views.

Then this happened -

Video clip shared by Colorado State Patrol. CSP says they will "NOT tolerate this." (Source: Colorado State Patrol via KKTV)
By Tony Keith and Gray News staff
Published: Jan. 24, 2024 at 4:29 PM CST

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV/Gray News) - A man is wanted in connection to a YouTube video that went viral in September 2023 showing a motorcyclist driving from Colorado Springs to Denver in 20 minutes.
On Wednesday, the Colorado State Patrol shared a video of the incident with the public stating they will “NOT tolerate this.”
Investigators identified the motorcyclist as 32-year-old Rendon Dietzmann, of Texas.
Dietzmann allegedly hit speeds more than 150 mph while “squeezing” through small gaps between vehicles, according to Colorado State Patrol.
The trip from the center of Colorado Springs to the south side of Denver is about 55 miles.

“Illegal and reckless driving behavior will not be tolerated in Colorado,” stated Sergeant Troy Kessler, with the Colorado State Patrol’s Public Affairs Office. “We care too much for those traveling on our roadways to ignore the blatant disregard for the safety of others.”

A warrant was issued for Dietzmann for charges that include menacing, engaging in a speed contest, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, speeding 40 mph over the limit, engaging in an exhibition of speed and operating a vehicle with no number plates attached.

Copyright 2024 KKTV via Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

YouTube removed the video in question but there are many others on the rider's channel that are sketchy. Checking online for earnings from the guy's channel shows he is earning enough for an attorney and maybe bail money (if they do not consider him a flight risk).

I will go ahead and say it, what he did was wrong especially when there was other traffic present. As a fellow rider told me about 30 years ago, "A real rider only puts their self at risk. An idiot on a motorcycle puts everyone at risk".

Then there is the whole creep vibe with the dating videos the guys has on there.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Just an update, the State of Colorado and the authorities on Texas are working on taking the rider into custody. PLUS - YouTube has removed content from the rider's channel before.

So why does this person still have a channel?

Texas YouTuber who filmed himself speeding over 150 mph on highway wanted by police

By
Pilar Arias, Fox News
Published Jan. 25, 2024, 8:23 p.m. ET

Authorities in Colorado are searching for a YouTuber they say filmed himself motorcycling at such high speeds that he traveled between two major cities in 20 minutes, rather than the typical hour.

The trip on Interstate 25 from Colorado Springs to the Denver metro area was recorded by Rendon Dietzmann, a 32-year-old from Texas, on Sept. 28, according to a Colorado State Patrol news release obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The video, no longer on YouTube but shared by the department, appears to show Dietzmann going more than 150 miles per hour while squeezing through small gaps in traffic and traveling on the highway shoulder.

“This is an extreme example, but sadly a real one,” State Patrol Sgt. Troy Kessler told the AP. “If you drive like this, you can expect to be arrested when you are located. This is the best outcome for a person who drives violently since the smallest mistake could result in his death or that of an innocent person in the area.”

Dietzmann is known as Gixxer Brah on YouTube. His page description says “I like to wheelie… and go fast.” The account has more than 250,000 subscribers and nearly 500 videos posted to its page, with the most recent upload two days ago. YouTube told Fox News Digital that it has removed content from the channel in the past, adding that its policies prohibit “harmful or dangerous acts,” actions that “have a serious risk of severe bodily harm or death.”

Colorado State Patrol coordinated with the Dallas Police Department in Texas and the El Paso County District Attorney’s Office in Colorado to identify the rider as Dietzmann, whose hometown was not released.

Investigators say numerous drivers and online viewers contacted the Colorado State Patrol about the incident.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
It is interesting how age affects the opinion of such behavior. Just observing myself how I felt about this, when reading the story, and at the same time remembering me enjoying watching ghost rider videos, less than 2 decades ago, makes me feel conflicted. How can I judge the people enjoying and thus enabling other people making this kind of content, when I have enjoyed similar things too.

Slorida

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2023
Oldham
I ride a
Honda CBR500R, Honda NC750S and Triumph Sprint ST1050.
Experience, rather than age specifically, is probably where the thoughts change. People tend to become more conservative as they get older, by varying degrees, but it is their exposure to the world that does it.

There is definitely a time I'd have been tempted to do it, fortunately the means weren't available to me. Now I am very much beyond such excesses.....well, mostly....:p:D

These days I think riding smaller bikes to the limits (for which I include speed limits) and sport touring is where I'm at, though I concede I am no good at it.

Outside of the Autobahns in Germany (and I'm not going back there for a while) I don't think there is anywhere I would risk speeds in excess of 80mph anyway (I'm turning into an old man).

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
For me it is not age. I started learning at 17 years old how to safely run high speeds. It was part of my training for a career.

In the 1990s I would ride over 120 mph in the desert southwest when there was no traffic present.

Then I was busted over two decades ago for riding over 110 mph in the southeastern US. I was in the middle of nowhere at night with no traffic. I got caught because I was entering into a city and knew the odds of me causing a crash increased. So I stopped and waited for the cop.

Then just 5 years ago me and another rider took the fast lane running 110 out west. We kept in that lane and slowed to the speed of traffic when we caught up with some until the traffic moved over.

If this rider ran wide open throttle where there is no traffic then that is on them if involved in a single vehicle accident. But this rider has a death wish doing this for himself and someone else. Like the authorities pointed out, he put others at risk. About 400 lbs of motorcycle slamming into a vehicle at that speed will kill him and likely severely injure others.

So it is not age but wisdom that keeps some us above ground or out of jail.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I was wondering if they'd ID that guy.

Yeah, taking your own life in your hands is one thing, but dragging others into it is just irresponsible. It's why I also dislike some of the road laws that allow crapboxes to be piloted on roads by barely sentient "humans".

-John

Reactions: Slorida and R-Rated

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I sense some sort of variant on the The Dunning–Kruger effect is taking place with this set of events. Someone who over estimates their abilities and then shows how limited their competence is by sharing their stupidity for the world to see but still thinking their cool rather that a stupid looking fool.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I was wondering if they'd ID that guy.

Yeah, taking your own life in your hands is one thing, but dragging others into it is just irresponsible. It's why I also dislike some of the road laws that allow crapboxes to be piloted on roads by barely sentient "humans".

-John
But crapboxes and barely sentient is all I see on the road. What would the fuel stations do for income?:eek:

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I sense some sort of variant on the The Dunning–Kruger effect is taking place with this set of events. Someone who over estimates their abilities and then shows how limited their competence is by sharing their stupidity for the world to see but still thinking their cool rather that a stupid looking fool.
I am pulling for Darwin's theory.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
As many have already said it’s hard to be on someone’s side who could easy]ily kill others without a thought. Around 2010, at one of the schools where I just started teaching, a motorcyclist (not sure if he was a student or a staff member), pulled out of one of the university’s parking lots and onto a residential road with homes on the other side. He instantly gunned his bike and shot down the street doing about 60-70 mpg. Just as he did an elderly woman and her granddaughter backed out of their driveway. The collision killed all three.
No one knows why he sped down the street so recklessly, but it ended his life and two other people who should have been spared a tragic death. I like what R-Rated said about idiots on motorcycles. A good bit of advice I heard was don’t ride faster than you can thick, especially in traffic.
Sounds like it might be a matter of time before they catch the guy.

- Wolf

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
The rider has been arrested!

SmartSelect_20240209-081637_Chrome.jpg

But the case gets better according to another news source. He was initially arrested for assault out of Colorado.

SmartSelect_20240209-081533_Chrome.jpg

For those like me wondering where did the assault charge come from well that is a mystery for now -

SmartSelect_20240209-082018_Chrome.jpg

WHOOP WHOOP! Someone needed attention and got the disco lights going:cool:

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts