Review Final part of a ride review

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
We review gear. We review bikes. So not review ride routes? That is something I am planning to do do this summer for some routes nearish me.

So here is my last part of the route around Nashville, Tn following Old Hickory Blvd.

Here are my notes for anyone thinking of riding this route...

Areas for review on a ride:

1. Technicality
Road condition – A few pot holes that can be avoided if riding with care. Only a couple of bumps that were a surprise. The cracking of the road varied depending on location. I did not find any wash out driveways to speak of. Overall on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being best, I would give it a 4.
Elevation changes – There are some elevation changes but only a couple of places where caution is needed. 5 out of 5.
Seeing though turns – Sweepers vs. Sharp, Blind vs. Open, Plenty of turns but only a couple are sharp. Mix of blind corners and ones where the rider can see through the turn. 3 out of 5.
Clearance off to the sides of the road – Height of grass, Guard rails, Shoulder condition. These varied. In the more urban areas it was not too concerning. In the more rural areas it was very concerning. 2 out of 5.
Speed – White sign, Yellow sign, Able to see signs in advance. Again varied and seems to follow the condition of the road so 4 out of 5
Signage – Condition, Streets, Mile markers. A few places are very easy to lose track of Old Hickory Blvd even with a great GPS. So 1 out of 5
Pit stops/Facilities - Plenty along most of it so 5 out of 5.
Shade – Is it available and how much of it. Plenty if you go inside. 3 out of 5/

Overlooks - None really

Drone friendly? - Not really. Too many airports to notify in a short time. 0 out of 5
Traffic
Number of houses/drives - A LOT! 2 out of 5
Width of the road – Total and Lane - Varies from 2 to 4 lane with the most narrow comfortably allowing for modified staggered formation. 5 out of 5
Size of the vehicles – Cars, Bikes, Semis, Buses, Other.

So overall I would give the Old Hickory loop a 3 out of 5. Is it the ride for beginners? Not really due to the traffic in places and the easiness of losing the route.

Why the city has a now incomplete loop where the same street name is used all the way around is mind boggling.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts