TheSvBiker

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Kent
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650s
Hey guys,

Thought I'd do a quick vlog after work, my first in fact. Just come home to review the results, and quite happy with the camera positioning etc.
However, I've realized now its not quite as easy as just making your video, editing it, then upload the finished product.

I'm finding my pc's windows 7 (netbook) and XP PC, are struggling with the files, getting them ready for editing? (sorry if I'm being a little non technical)
My finished files are .MOV's So my netbook being Windows 7 understands them, It's been 1 hour preperaing the video for editing, on Windows Movie maker.... Any suggestions?

Actually its just finshed, now saving the video, again taking a while...I may be answering my own question here, But I'm guessing this is down to Hardware speed, being an issue, other than file size?

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
TheSvBiker said:
Hey guys,

Thought I'd do a quick vlog after work, my first in fact. Just come home to review the results, and quite happy with the camera positioning etc.
However, I've realized now its not quite as easy as just making your video, editing it, then upload the finished product.

I'm finding my pc's windows 7 (netbook) and XP PC, are struggling with the files, getting them ready for editing? (sorry if I'm being a little non technical)
My finished files are .MOV's So my netbook being Windows 7 understands them, It's been 1 hour preperaing the video for editing, on Windows Movie maker.... Any suggestions?

Actually its just finshed, now saving the video, again taking a while...I may be answering my own question here, But I'm guessing this is down to Hardware speed, being an issue, other than file size?

What camera are you using ?
What Mode & FPS are you shooting in?

Install WLMM (Windows LIVE Movie Maker) you get alot more with it and it's a little better editing software for the newer editor. Depending on your file size it can take a while a 17min video for instance to upload to WMM should take around 45 - 1hr. WLMM would take normally 30mins for upto a 20min video.

Also don't save the file and then upload it. just click the tab to upload it straight to YT it will be an option in the top right of the software, it saves the time and effort of saving it and then uploading.

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
My old laptop had 'XP' and it didn't recognise the AVCHD files from my handheld camera, but now my new one with Windows 7 does.

My tip is just to fire the files into the editing software and don't bother trying to watch them through first. For example, once the files are off the cam and on your computer's hard drive, open the editing software immediately and import them straight into there. Your computer might not recognise the files, but the editing software is much more likely to and you can still watch them back in there.

Source: Hours of struggling with my old laptop.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
TheSvBiker said:
Thanks for the replys, I'm capturing at 720p at 30 fps if that helps?

Download, WLMM it will upload it to the software quicker and you can upload to straight to YT saving loads of time. I shot my last video in 1080p took me 15mins to upload to WLMM and 25 to YT.

Send me a PM if you get stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
steveyswid Editing Talk 24

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts