Hayley1993UK

http://www.youtube.com/hayley1993uk
Jan 27, 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Kawasaki ER-6F Ninja 650R 650cc Motorcycle
Honda CBF 125cc M-9 Motorcycle
hello everyone i will be doing a europe trip in july and traveling all over europe for a number of weeks. my trip will include both camping and hotel stays but i am looking for some advice on what to take with me. i am taking a sports bike with soft panniers and tail bag, also a tank bag too. any ideas and suggestions on what to take or any tips for my trip would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :) <3 X x

Reactions: CaptainCranky

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
You need to check the rules for each country, but a set of spare bulbs and a hi-viz vest, especially if heading through France. Find a touring motorcycle forum (ST Owners would be s good start) as people on those kinds of bikes rack up continental miles. Should be free to browse without joing. There will be some good tips.

Other thing to do is to list your countries. We have a Swiss resident, a few Germans, couple of Dutch/Lux people.

Reactions: CaptainCranky

AndyManCam

www.youtube.com/anymancam
Feb 26, 2014
Hamburg
I ride a
Versys 650
If you come any where near hamburg, I can show you some really straight flat roads! !

I also put together a little video summing up what I took on my euro tour last year (from a motovlogging point of view)

Overall though, just take waterproofs and a positive attitude! !

KCMotoVlog

Wannabie Member
Mar 22, 2015
I ride a
2007 Honda CBR1000RR HRC
Let me know if you want to come to Iceland... Ha ha ha...

Hayley1993UK

http://www.youtube.com/hayley1993uk
Jan 27, 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Kawasaki ER-6F Ninja 650R 650cc Motorcycle
Honda CBF 125cc M-9 Motorcycle
thanks for all the suggestions. ill check up on the countries laws and give you a list of places ill be going very soon :) going with some friends so we have to get a plan sorted soon :) Xx

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
Kawasaki GTR1400. And many others
The bare essentials...the first time I went I think I took the kitchen sink. And then another one in case that one broke....lightness is the key. Don't worry too much. Cash and a bank card can get you whatever you need if you forget something. Main thing is to enjoy yourself.

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
Ps. I bought a we wireless passport. Excellent for storing your videos and cuts down on electronic kit you have to take

Viscount

Wannabie Member
Mar 24, 2015
UK
I ride a
WD Wireless passport even. Bloody iPad

Jimbo

Wannabie Member
Mar 27, 2015
I ride a
Suzuki SV650
hello everyone i will be doing a europe trip in july and traveling all over europe for a number of weeks. my trip will include both camping and hotel stays but i am looking for some advice on what to take with me. i am taking a sports bike with soft panniers and tail bag, also a tank bag too. any ideas and suggestions on what to take or any tips for my trip would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :) <3 X x

Hi Hayley.

Myself and a friend will also be touring Europe this summer on our 650's. Heading off to France first in late July, then on to Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany then Holland! Let me know if you want to ride together for part of it. Good luck!

James

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
I recommend:
I know this sounds like a kit for mugging and kidnap but its seriously useful.
  • Gaffa tape, indispensable, when a guys pannier refused to stay shut and another time when a guy dropped his bike and broke the indicator stalk.
  • Zip ties, again when you lose a bolt etc they can add temporary support.
  • A small socket set.

• Definitely a puncture plug kit, always somebody with a puncture.
  • Multi task with clothes so if you have a waterproof for leathers don't take a coat for evening
  • Light wight trousers not jeans, too much weight, same with shoes etc.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
bit of a necro post, soz.

I did Europe on my Moto Guzzi V7 in 2013, was an amazing trip, when I'm allowed to post links/pics I'll maybe post up my blog from it.

I only took the clothes I was wearing (plus a spare t-shirt and set of undies), had no waterproofs, just my Levi 501's and leather jacket. I packed the tiniest tent I could get hold of and set off for 12 days. I stopped to sleep at random campsites as and when I'd had enough riding for the day, followed my nose (although did bring a GPS and used it when required). It was quite frankly the most awesome trip I have ever been on, even the zero visibility fog up in the mountains where I had to zoom in 100% on the sat-nav just to see where the road went ADDED to the trip rather than spoiling it. If anyone is wanting to travel on a bike try it with as little as possible, you'll get way more out of it! :)

PhilTonic

English Kraut
Aug 17, 2014
I ride a
KTM 690 SMC R
Tool wise: Working on board tool kit, Ducktape, Zip ties, some WD40 and spare oil.

On my first Euro Tour I brought far too much stuff. If you don't need a tent and sleeping bag, 40l soft bags are probably enough.

Let me know if you pass Munich.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO