General Edit Station Challenge

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Heres something a little different, off the bike this time. I've tagged Adventures With Woody, Hepcat Harley and Skeggy Cruiser as well as anyone else who wants to take part.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Great video! I love that setup. Very organized. I am an audiophile. 99% of my viewing you motovloggers is using headphones.

Ha about my last name pronunciation. I don't sweat how folks say it. :p

Last edited:

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I try and keep it managed. Sometimes to the right of the keyboard gets a bit cluttered. Personally I'd love to swap it out for a laptop based set up but it comes back to costs.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I try and keep it managed. Sometimes to the right of the keyboard gets a bit cluttered. Personally I'd love to swap it out for a laptop based set up but it comes back to costs.

Laptops can be iffy. If you think about this, we push the GPUs pretty hard along with the drives and CPU when rendering and uploading. A lot of heat made and a lot of juice used. So a laptop that does what we need is either going to be really pricey, really short battery life, or really a bit warm in the lap.

A desktop tower can be easier to upgraded/repaired as needed. If I have to replace my beast laptop, I want a setup similar yours with a tower and SSD drives.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Laptops can be iffy. If you think about this, we push the GPUs pretty hard along with the drives and CPU when rendering and uploading. A lot of heat made and a lot of juice used. So a laptop that does what we need is either going to be really pricey, really short battery life, or really a bit warm in the lap.

A desktop tower can be easier to upgraded/repaired as needed. If I have to replace my beast laptop, I want a setup similar yours with a tower and SSD drives.

This is a good point. Though with modern tech I doubt it'd be an issue. Using Premiere Pro CS5.5 I've found certainly on the exporting side it hits my CPU rather than GPU. There may be a way to change it, I've not looked into it. I would want the GPU for a few games that I still play.

My editing isn't heavy so it would be fine I think. Would be nice to have something portable. Thats the main problem is price. You don't get portable, power, well priced together though.

You get a lot more for your money from the desktop side. I personally don't keep hold of videos once I've uploaded them. If anything I hoard the full size photos that I've taken. That 1TB portable drive (963GB usable) which I do everything on still has 707GB left. So 224GB of stuff.

With plans of the A2 license and a restricted 650 I hope to get out more so would love something to take with me to do stuff on and offload footage. I mean I could buy more SD cards instead of using a portable drive but then the price racks up again.

Maybe if I find the winning lottery ticket ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts