Status
Not open for further replies.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
hey I took a couple of vids with my new drift with the external mic and it worked fine and then I did a few more and no sound at all and I know everything was set the same! has anyone had this happen to them?

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
synicalmanor said:
hey I took a couple of vids with my new drift with the external mic and it worked fine and then I did a few more and no sound at all and I know everything was set the same! has anyone had this happen to them?

No sound at all? Completely silent?

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
You haven't adjusted the mic level to 0 have you? Double check before looking to deeply into it.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
no it was set to 1 and working fine and if you listen really hard you could hear a little in the mic but i am wondering if it got unplugged and i didnt notice it i will try again and see what happens!

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
synicalmanor said:
no it was set to 1 and working fine and if you listen really hard you could hear a little in the mic but i am wondering if it got unplugged and i didnt notice it i will try again and see what happens!

Ok, that is a LOT different from the 'nothing' you mentioned originally. Details are the difference between what could be a defective unit and simply having a mic cable that was unplugged, which is the likely cause.

Stenno

Wannabie Member
Mar 6, 2012
Surbiton, UK
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki SV650/S
I made a video on Sunday but it only had ambient sound from the inbuilt mic so I'm guess I didn't plug the external in properly unfortunately. Most annoying!

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Stenno said:
I made a video on Sunday but it only had ambient sound from the inbuilt mic so I'm guess I didn't plug the external in properly unfortunately. Most annoying!

You have to make it a point to always make sure the mic is plugged in. It's stupid how easily it comes unplugged. It's happened to me several times.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
Trinith said:
synicalmanor said:

Ok, that is a LOT different from the 'nothing' you mentioned originally. Details are the difference between what could be a defective unit and simply having a mic cable that was unplugged, which is the likely cause.

well what I ment is it was working fine and then I made a new video and no sound not even wind or bike noise. I used headsets with the volume all the way up to hear a touch of something maybe it was voice but I am not sure exactly what I heard. However I think maybe it was a little unplugged so I am gonna try and do it again if I get some time. now i did break my plastic around my mic where it plugs in to the camera but I glued it back together and made a video prior to the no sound and it worked fine.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Hm, that certainly sounds like it could be a problem then. If you unplug the mic it should revert to the onboard mic, which when put on the side of a helmet will produce an EPIC amount of wind noise. Sounds to me like there's something fishy going on.

synicalmanor

Wannabie Member
Feb 1, 2012
Auburn, Al
I ride a
Honda VFR800 Interceptor
Ok I have figured out that the external mic is not working! I rolled the helmet over the other day when the mic was plugged in and broke the connecting piece for the mic that goes in the camera. I glued it back together and it was working but I guess it stopped. So the built in mic is working though so I am gonna order a new mic and see if that fixes the problem if not I guess i'll have to send this damn thing off! lol

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
synicalmanor said:
I got a new mic yesterday and probs are fixed! yay me! lol

Now, in the future, understand that the mic connection is not intended to support the weight of the helmet! :p

Good to hear it's fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts