Status
Not open for further replies.

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
My Drift has been causing me issues as of late, it will record all day long, however, clips that are over a hour long wont playback on the drift, or in my computer, they both say its an invalid file.

I've tried a 16gb class 4 memory card, and a 32gb class 10, but i get the same result with them.

I have sent an email of to Drift, but not heard anything back yet.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
I seem to remember reading somewhere that they are supposed to save as 40 minute long clips? I will try and find where I read it from and post the link if I can find it

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
Bugger! I thought it was just a case of it recording till the memory card or power ran out.

i tried a timelapse video of day into night, i checked on it a few times, and it was recording fine, but it wont play back.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
I may be wrong though. I have ordered my drift tonight :D
Just thought I had read it in the manual, but I did a quick read through it again and cant find it so I may have just made that up :s

ElliotReidMD

Wannabie Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bucks, UK
I ride a
Kawasaki Versys
I recorded just over an hour of footage as one 3.7gb file on my Drift yesterday so it's not that. What will happen is at around 4gb the video will split into 2 files as the memory cards are formatted in FAT32 which has a 4gb file size limit.

Have you got another memory card to try as that may be faulty?

Ok that'll teach me to read all the post I'm responding to (I'm tired that's my excuse). 2 faulty cards seems remote. Have you tried formatting them?

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
ElliotReidMD said:
I recorded just over an hour of footage as one 3.7gb file on my Drift yesterday so it's not that. What will happen is at around 4gb the video will split into 2 files as the memory cards are formatted in FAT32 which has a 4gb file size limit.

Have you got another memory card to try as that may be faulty?

I have tried 2 memory cards sofar, but its still doing it.

The time-lapse i did today was 3.2gb, just over a hours footage, it wont open in any program, and when trying to play it on the Drift, it says invalid file.

I have also deep formatted both of my memory cards to see if that would help, it didn't.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
i've recorded over 2hrs before so a faulty drift is most likely

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
I hope not, i bought my Drift a few months ago, but not really used it much until recently.

So i dont know if the camera has had this problem since new, or just recently.

thermal

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
I ride a
VTR250
How are you terminating the recording? I had issues just like this when I first started using the camera because I was long-pressing to turn off while it was still recording. I'd recommend a short press to stop recording, then allow 5 seconds or so before powering off. I haven't had any issues since changing to this method.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
thermal said:
How are you terminating the recording? I had issues just like this when I first started using the camera because I was long-pressing to turn off while it was still recording. I'd recommend a short press to stop recording, then allow 5 seconds or so before powering off. I haven't had any issues since changing to this method.

That could be it. Only other guess I'd have is that it's a bad unit. I've had mine record well over 8hrs of footage and all the files came out just fine on the computer, though I never tried playing them back on the camera.

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
im waiting on email conformation as to the process, mainly who pays for what, ie, shipping.

i may not be sending anything anywhere though, they want proof of purchase, all i can find is the history in my paypal account showing the full details of who i bought it from, how much, when and where.

I bought the camera of a shop on ebay.

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directo ... /DG_195948

Telephone Consumer Direct mate

To get information or advice, call Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 (or fill in an online form.)
The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.

p.s

I HATE THIS FEATURE MAKE IT BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: ahem

At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Print off your Paypal transaction.

highlight the date, Purchase price, Location it was purchased from, your name & address & Item.

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
Chuckles85 said:
you didn't save a confirmation email?

Yea, i did, my hotmail add got hacked and everything was wiped, so i changed passwords and still use the account, but ive lost eveything i had saved in it, about 9 years worth of things :x

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Or email them telling them it was purchased over evilbay & check if the paypal transaction paperwork will be suitable?

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
AZZ3R said:
Print off your Paypal transaction.

highlight the date, Purchase price, Location it was purchased from, your name & address & Item.

I've done that, will wait on a email back from them to see if i can send it to them as proof.

I've also said it was bought through ebay, i've emailed the seller to see if they can send me a receipt if they have one on file.

Im gutted, my bike is getting delivered this weekend, and mod 2 is less than a week away! Bad time to not have a decent camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts