Not open for further replies.

MadzBiker1

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2011
I ride a
Aprilia RS50 ( Previous )
Yamaha YZF R125 09 ( Previous )
New bike reveal soon ;)
Apologies if there has already been a topic like this before on the forums.

As some people know i've had alot of problems with the Drift HD170 Stealth and now it's broken again & they have stopped producing them I have to get a new camera.

Originally I was thinking of swapping to Gopro's but now I'm tempted to try the new mini Drift HD. I haven't really seen much about them so I was wondering on peoples feedback? Are they worth the money? especially since i'd have to get another mic >.<

Cheers :)

MadzBiker1

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2011
I ride a
New bike reveal soon ;)
Chrus600 said:
Are Drift not replacing yours then?

They offered me an ex demo model but i'd have to pay an extra £6 for it. I'm just going to get the new model when some of the refund comes threw from amazon. Saves me any future troubles if it breaks.

MadzBiker1

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2011
I ride a
New bike reveal soon ;)
extreme601 said:
I love mine, does everything brilliantly and no issues thus far :p

haha, sadly i've got the luck of a devil. Everything breaks lol.

MotorBiker2012

Wannabie Member
Jan 9, 2012
www.youtube.com
I ride a
NINJA 250R
the drift hd is really good but i had to send mine off as it wasn't turning on and i needed to get my memory card sorted out, but they just sent me a brand new drift hd in a cool new box and the footage is really clear and you can film in 1080p and it has a 9mp camera but if you wanted a cheeper drift hd they are bringing out the drift hd 720p camera for £150 which does 720p footage and has a 5mp camera so its the same size as the drift hd and also has the same settings as drift hd apart from you can only shoot footage up to 720p and take 5mp pictures so its up to you really

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
I just got an email back from Drift, they asked for my proof of purchase and my home address and now they've told me to ask where I got it from originally instead for replacement/refund. Kind of a pointless exchange but there we go.

10feetup

Wannabie Member
Nov 12, 2011
Ayr, Scotland
I ride a
Suzuki GSX600F
Chrus600 said:
I just got an email back from Drift, they asked for my proof of purchase and my home address and now they've told me to ask where I got it from originally instead for replacement/refund. Kind of a pointless exchange but there we go.

I got the very same email, i replied with the details, sent my HD170 of in the post, and a few days later a Drift HD was sent out to me,

sofar my Drift hd has been fantastic and fault free, also, Drift have by far the best customer service i have ever had to deal with! :D

WibblesHD

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2012
I ride a
CB600FY Hornet
I love mine to bits, had no real issues and the quality of the footage is perfect.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
GingeRbiker82 said:
thats shit drift dont have a backup lot for the drift stealth!
They better hope i dont need one or i will kick off!
hope it gets sorted n back soon bud!

Er, once they stop production and liquidate their warehouses what do you expect them to do? Do you really think they're going to (or even should..) retool the assembly lines just to make you a camera to replace one? That's insane. That's the kind of attitude that will make a company say "Here's our offer, take it or stop calling us" rather than actually trying to work with customers.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
It's amazing how people say they love their Drift and then talk about having to send it back for replacement in the same post. Wtf?

I've had nothing but trouble with both of mine. They're replacing one of them and they tell me a firmware update coming out next week will fix the problems with the other one. I will admit they're real quick to respond to emails and offer up a replacement which to me just signifies that they know their product is shit. Any company that had a decent product would be more reluctant to replace them.

I don't care how fast they replace them though. I need it to work reliably. I've missed some shots that I will never be able to capture again. Billmaa said he used a Drift HD on his Alaska trip and it failed him too. I would be so pissed if I did a once in a lifetime trip like that with the intention of filming it only to find corrupt files when I went to view them.

They have one more chance to let me down!

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
I can't speak for the Drift but my GoPro has been 100% reliable, never missed a shot, never corrupted a file, never had bad audio, never stopped recording and always records nice footage.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
gpzDave said:
I can't speak for the Drift but my GoPro has been 100% reliable, never missed a shot, never corrupted a file, never had bad audio, never stopped recording and always records nice footage.

Same here. Drift blames my corrupt files on vibration. The camera that failed was mounted to my helmet. The one that was getting a lot of vibration didn't fail. By contrast my GoPro fell off my bike while riding down the road and didn't corrupt the file. Not only that, it also didn't drop a single frame.

The GoPro falls off around the 4 minute mark.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbGTJJwcIY[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CollingsB Camera Setups 32

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts