Nikojin

Wannabie Member
Oct 25, 2011
Hollywood, CA
www.nikojin.com
I ride a
2009 Ninja 250R
Hey, all-

Just wondering if there's a way to disable the internal mic. I have the external mic plugged in and it sounds great! But the internal still records and pics up excess wind noise and other background crap. It used to record wind whistle on top of all that, but putting tape over it fixed that.

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
Do you have the new mini drift hd or the old stealth? Are you also using the lowest sensitivity setting for the mic settings?

Nikojin

Wannabie Member
Oct 25, 2011
Hollywood, CA
www.nikojin.com
I ride a
2009 Ninja 250R
It's the new mini Drift HD. Mic sensitivity is set to level 1. I think it goes down to as low as 0, but I don't want it to affect the external I have wedged inside my helmet; it's perfect the way it is! I guess I was just hoping that by plugging in the external, it would disable the internal.

Seems like that would be an easy fix with a firmware update. I guess I'll just have to keep it under 35 mph (~55 kph) when I vlog, lol.

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
Do you know if it saves the audio as two separate files or under 2 separate channels? Maybe messaging crackn81 on what he does may help, I believe he has the new drift aswell and may offer you an answer.

Trinith

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
I ride a
2003 Honda VFR
Nikojin said:
I guess I was just hoping that by plugging in the external, it would disable the internal.

It should have. You should get ahold of customer support and talk to them about it. I've never heard of a Drift not disengaging the onboard mic when the external is plugged in. Sounds like there's something defective in there.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Is the mic a stereo mic. I had a Philips lavalier mic that was mono and that happened with it. In my editing software I had to disable the audio channel from the built in mic and duplicate the audio from the lavalier mic.

Nikojin

Wannabie Member
Oct 25, 2011
Hollywood, CA
www.nikojin.com
I ride a
2009 Ninja 250R
Chuckles said:
Do you know if it saves the audio as two separate files or under 2 separate channels? Maybe messaging crackn81 on what he does may help
I know for a fact that it saves as one file, but not sure about different audio channels. I use WMM (the crappy non-Live version). I'll poke around some more to see what I can do. If I'm still stumped I'll pester him with a PM.

Kryten said:
Is the mic a stereo mic. I had a Philips lavalier mic that was mono and that happened with it. In my editing software I had to disable the audio channel from the built in mic and duplicate the audio from the lavalier mic.
Not sure, actually. It's Drift's. Until I find a permanent solution, I'll give this a shot.

Trinith said:
It should have. You should get ahold of customer support and talk to them about it. I've never heard of a Drift not disengaging the onboard mic when the external is plugged in. Sounds like there's something defective in there.
That's not what I wanted to hear, lol. I'll try contacting them and hope for the best. Thanks all for your insight and suggestions. You guys are great!

Nikojin

Wannabie Member
Oct 25, 2011
Hollywood, CA
www.nikojin.com
I ride a
2009 Ninja 250R
Haha!

I went to their site and noticed there have been a few firmware updates, one of which was mic related. I updated my firmware, and all seems to have been fixed. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SweetTripl Camera Setups 27