Drift Ghost S Freezing Issue

TekNinja81

Wannabie Member
May 27, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I ride a
Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (2005)

Hope someone has input on this one... kinda annoying. Got my new memory card yesterday but haven't had time to test it yet.

ShadowBoxer

Wannabie Member
May 13, 2014
Los Angeles
I ride a
BMW R100R Roadster
Hi,

I had the same problems with my GoPro Black 3+.
I also have two, exactly the same versions. The first Blk 3+ worked and works just fine. Always ready to record, download, delete files, change settings, etc.

The second one I bought worked for a while then started the freezing issue.
I found that taking out the battery for a while (2-5 minutes) would sometimes allow me to change settings and delete files, etc. Or something silly like START RECORDING! :) so aggravating! Later when that would not work, a combination of removing the memory and battery seemed to work. However this was only a temporary work-around and eventually nothing worked. By now I could no longer return it to where I bought it.

Furious, I finally ended up calling Go Pro and the person who helped me had me switch the chip with the one I was using on the original camera. When that did not work, he decided it was the camera not the chip and had me send the camera back directly to them at GoPro, emailing me a FedEx slip. So it seems the chip could be an issue and is something you should try if you can.

Not sure if that helps you but that was my experience.
Maybe I should make a vlog about it...

VlotoMog

VlotoMog.com - troller is watching you -_-
Jun 30, 2014
The Netherlands
vlotomog.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600F3
A few tips, of which you have probably tried many:

• Keep your firmware up to date on your Drift, they fix issues with that
  • Format your memory card, I mean completely, not just wipe the TOC (meaning delete the files)
  • Make sure your memory card is class 10, and of a good brand. Not all class 10 cards are equally as fast.
    I always use Sandisk Ultra or Extreme Class 10 cards with no issue so far.
  • If your camera has some sort of hard-reset functionality (which makes it go back to factory default), try it
  • Make sure the contacts of the memory card are clean, don't touch them with your fingers (grease is always bad)

TekNinja81

Wannabie Member
May 27, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I ride a
Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (2005)
Thanks for the responses so far guys -- I picked up a Transcend Class 10 UHS-I card which (I believe) has a faster read/write rate than the Adata... (the Adata is also a Class 10 UHS-I) So far it's been working fine, but I've only had a few days to test it out.

I'll post further updates if the issues continue.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts