DIY Pannier Racks (soft)

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
(sorry if in wrong area - felt it more general than anything else)

I had some soft panniers Not Christmas just gone, but one before. Hadn't had much cause to do much with them the last 12 months (naturally)

When I reviewed them, I noticed they rubbed on the fairing. Took a bit away as well, to my annoyance. I felt like I needed a rack just to keep them away from the fairing. Indeed I have seen some creations on YouTube - argument could be, just get a luggage system with hard cases - I perhaps if/when I tour more, then I may invest though wanted to embark on a DIY system for that as well as a bit of build/project thing. Also, its what I have to hand right now - Just needs enhancing. I accept that Soft panniers have their limitations, but with a bit of thought things can be overcome. I also just can't quite justify the spend on a full luggage system right now (maybe my name should have been TightFist?)

I don't think there is a huge market for Soft Pannier racks, at least nothing for my bike, and anything universal seems to be geared towards Harleys. So wondered if anyone had done something similar and cared to show what they came up with?

Low tech is great as well. I don't even have a garage, let alone workbenches and welding gear lol

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I know some soft luggage systems have a sort of removeable rack, think Andy Man Cam has one on his bike (not sure if he has it on his current bike though). Might be worth googling some pics to see if you could knock up a similar thing

Reactions: MickFist

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
I know some soft luggage systems have a sort of removeable rack, think Andy Man Cam has one on his bike (not sure if he has it on his current bike though). Might be worth googling some pics to see if you could knock up a similar thing

Great shout! (For them what don't know -
)

I do recall seeing some universal knock off's of those bars. The clear vinyl was the most interesting actually. Sorts out that dilemma of the fairing.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts