Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
So, a qeustion i can't find an answer to.
Way back in the day people advised to publish the video on the same day as you uploaded it, to maximize the youtube algoritme.
Nowadays more and more people seem to upload and publish on different days.

Has the Youtube algoritme changed in this regard?
Or is the difference to small to make a real difference?
Or do people just do it because it is easier to get everything sorted and published in a smoother way?

How do you guys do it?
Notice any differences?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
According to YouTube it doesn't matter about upload date, it is when it goes public that is important.
I always (when I have a video to upload) do so the day before and then schedule it so it goes live at the same time each day. It means even when I'm working I know my videos will be ready on time. By scheduling it also give the video time to render fully on YouTube so all the resolutions are available and it'll get the better vp09 codec.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
According to YouTube it doesn't matter about upload date, it is when it goes public that is important.
I always (when I have a video to upload) do so the day before and then schedule it so it goes live at the same time each day. It means even when I'm working I know my videos will be ready on time. By scheduling it also give the video time to render fully on YouTube so all the resolutions are available and it'll get the better vp09 codec.

I used to upload it in the morning, and let it go live later that day. So it was fully rendered and always online on the same time.
Partly due to the fact that at some point YT was looking to the upload date.
If that is changed, then that for sure is a good thing and would make certain things quite allot easier ;)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It really would make sense for YouTube to ignore upload date... and their help vids have def said that it doesn't matter about upload date anymore! :)

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
According to the statistics My video that went live today says it has only been getting stats for 11 hours and it was uploaded over a week ago. I got a copyright claim when uploaded so I put up another I had ready until the claim was dropped. I would have to agree with Hippodrone, upload date doesn't seem to matter. Honestly unless your getting 50k views don't think it will matter, better off pushing it on facebook twitter and instagram using hashtags like supportmvc and irodetoday etc. Differences I have noticed being a small channel is if you have something that is search heavy like my windscreen it will get alot of views and perform better than ones that people don't seem to be searching for. That windscreen review video still get as many views from search as it did the day it was launched.

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
When I'm actually on schedule I tend to upload in advance. Right now if I'm on track I'll upload my Tuesday video's on Saturday, scheduled and ready to go. Rushed videos are published the night before. I've noticed that it doesnt really matter when you publish, but if you're consistent with when the video is made public people tend to notice.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I usually upload really late at night or early in the morning, so I always schedule the video. Agree with other that the public date is whats important.

Reactions: RideOnTwo

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I do both. Depends on content. Some topics might get stale if waiting in line and others are evergreen.

Plus it is good to have a few on standby in case there is bad weather, rain, or "rider's block"...see what I did there;)

YouTube creators info keeps pushing publish on a schedule - so that lends to maybe uploading in advance.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I'm all over the place with content creation and upload times at the moment. Got loads of stuff planned, but working shifts that change constantly and at the time of writing its a school holiday period - Mrs RS a teacher, we're 'busy' doing stuff together. As nice as that is, it drags me away from my proper job, of making content and liaising with you lot! I'm still a small channel so not too concerned with my inconsistency (yet) ..... when I get better at it, I'll become more efficient and quicker when it really counts. I'm going with whatever happens and not stressing about algorithms.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts