Did you enjoy the snow?

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Did anyone get out and enjoy the weather for a bit this weekend?

I would argue its my favourite things. Sure its cold, and the roads are trash - but who needs to go anywhere anyway? But man, it was so nice to see people out and about laughing and being happy for a change. Now! I do note that we are locked down, and so should we all be out? No different to people descending on beaches in the summer - But it was still nice to see, and things looked pretty sensible in my local park.

Myself, I went to the shops for some stuff, then cleared the drive and car. This resulted in a Snowman being created on the drive.

We live at the bottom of a hill, and the road was terrible early morning. A few dare devils attempted to summit the hill. Most failed. One guy even refused help from a tricked out Land Rover. Winch and all!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I am very much not a fan of the winter at all, and the snow is literally the icing on that cake :D
Down south we had a sprinkling, which had mostly melted away by the time I got up. I guess if we had proper snow and folk knew how to deal with it, then I may enjoy it more, but no one seems to know how to drive and the salt wrecks our bikes.... roll on Spring! :D

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
I had to get The Mistress in for MOT. Still a lot of snow, which has now turned to ice. Was quite the battle from that respect. Otherwise, I enjoyed the walk. Now it is a right pain.

Agreed on Salt. Agreed on road sense!

Looking forward to Spring as well!

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Snow? What snow? We don't got no snow. We don't need no stinkin' snow!

330px-Gold_Hat_portrayed_by_Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg

Weather here today:

Brisbane area
Min21 °C Max30 °C
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the morning and early afternoon.
Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening.

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Snow? What snow? We don't got no snow. We don't need no stinkin' snow!

View attachment 5545

Weather here today:

Brisbane area
Min21 °C Max30 °C
Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the morning and early afternoon.
Light winds becoming easterly 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening.
I do forget this is an international site!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts