Deleting old YouTube uploads

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I had two uploads on my channel before it became Rider Skills, reviews on 12 volt camping fridges. One of them was by far the best performing - like 4500 views (who knew? :D! ) However it wasn't about motorbiking and I understand from 'research' that YouTube feed their traffic to your channel based on your best performing video uploads - so basically that being the case people going 4X4ing and camping were possibly getting some of my motorbike clips in their search feed. Unless they were bikers too this was wasted traffic. So I unlisted the reviews, removing the stats and views from my channel. Since then all my bike related uploads have also seen a decline in traffic/views. What do you more experienced Tubers think, should I relist the reviews as 'public' on my channel or just sit it out and let my channel increase from bike related stuff? What is funny however, I did a motorbike TPMS review this week that I got from the same people who supplied my camping fridge - $72 it cost me, they saw the review and have sent me another free one retailed at $154 with a built in dashcam for my Hilux! How cool is that? :cool::)

HAVE A SAFE WEEKEND GUYS & GALS :)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
As your catalogue of content grows, the few old vids will become a lower % of your channels views... unless of course they still maintain a stream of clicks... in which case it can only be good for your channel. I'd relist them as any traffic is good traffic when starting out... and motocamping is very popular on YouTube, so you may find they generate interest from other bikers too.
If in the future they become irrelevant to your channel as the Ride Skills videos gain more views then hide them again if they bother you, or just leave them as all views help towards the 4000hrs of watchtime you need to hit the big time! :D

Reactions: Riderguide

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
As your catalogue of content grows, the few old vids will become a lower % of your channels views... unless of course they still maintain a stream of clicks... in which case it can only be good for your channel. I'd relist them as any traffic is good traffic when starting out... and motocamping is very popular on YouTube, so you may find they generate interest from other bikers too.
If in the future they become irrelevant to your channel as the Ride Skills videos gain more views then hide them again if they bother you, or just leave them as all views help towards the 4000hrs of watchtime you need to hit the big time! :D

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
Cheers Hippo, YEH ...... THANKS for your input, probably what I needed to hear! I've publicised them again and will see how we go ;-) 4000 hours LOL, that could take a while as yet ..... #itsnotarace :-D

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Nothing until you also reach 1k subs as well! :)
I can testify that it does not matter if exceed the hours watched requirment. If your channel does not have 1k subs, you get nothing as far as monetization.

I am thinking of holding a cardboard sign soliciting subs just as a spoof video...

As far as listing old or possibly no longer relevant work on the channel - you could always list it as a separate playlist. That way if your fanbase is made of two groups, your channel gets the traffic and they each have their go to place to view what they like.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts