CopyCat Channel Names...

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
Has anyone else created their channel only to find that someone else has a name that is too similar or worse the exact same as yours?

My original channel name was RickMoto but 3 weeks after creating it, I was looking myself up on youtube to see what comes up I saw two accounts very similar to mine. "Rick and Moto" and "Rick Moto", both channels created well before my own.
I decided to contact Rick and Moto and let him know I wasn't trying to step on his toes by having a similar name. He's a cool guy and his channel's doing well too.

Ultimately I decided to change my channel name to MotoRickyRicardo but did go through a bit of a process choosing my new name.
Previous channel names were
- WolfMoto
- LoboMoto
- RickLobo
- Rick's Motovlogs
- RickyRicardoMotoVlogs

To give a little reasoning to my choice, Ricky is what I go by and growing up there was alot of Ricky Ricardo references (I love lucy) made.
Also other Ricky-related nicknames such as Ricki Lake, Rico Suave, Ricky Tikki Tavi, Slick Rick, the list goes on and on.
Ricardo is what most of my family affectionately calls me so I went with the I Love Lucy theme.

I think this was touched on a previous thread but also what was your process for choosing your channel name?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
There are a couple of channels with similar names, but they only have a handful of subs between them. I think I chose well! :)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I think if you pick any name with the word Moto in it your going to have problems with channels close.

Its also a problem when people search for your channel as it will bring up everything with moto in it.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Has anyone else created their channel only to find that someone else has a name that is too similar or worse the exact same as yours?

My original channel name was RickMoto but 3 weeks after creating it, I was looking myself up on youtube to see what comes up I saw two accounts very similar to mine. "Rick and Moto" and "Rick Moto", both channels created well before my own.
I decided to contact Rick and Moto and let him know I wasn't trying to step on his toes by having a similar name. He's a cool guy and his channel's doing well too.

Ultimately I decided to change my channel name to MotoRickyRicardo but did go through a bit of a process choosing my new name.
Previous channel names were
- WolfMoto
- LoboMoto
- RickLobo
- Rick's Motovlogs
- RickyRicardoMotoVlogs

To give a little reasoning to my choice, Ricky is what I go by and growing up there was alot of Ricky Ricardo references (I love lucy) made.
Also other Ricky-related nicknames such as Ricki Lake, Rico Suave, Ricky Tikki Tavi, Slick Rick, the list goes on and on.
Ricardo is what most of my family affectionately calls me so I went with the I Love Lucy theme.

I think this was touched on a previous thread but also what was your process for choosing your channel name?

My channel has two names! One is my name and the other is the one Inchose back when YouTube allowed me to choose a channel handle. So far, no imitators directly on YouTube. If he they do I am sure they would have some "esplaining to do...":D

TWWaffle

Waffles
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
m.youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Zx6r/2008 Sportster 1200
I've not ran into duplicates. My other channel (primarily gaming) was TSWookie7, which I doubt anyone would ever come up with lol.... and previous that was my gamertag from Battlefield back in the day blackeagles12345. Silly names, and probably not too unique or too easy to remember lol.

First name that I think of that's pretty genius is Walterrific. Easiest to remember, and pretty catchy.

Funny... because before I decided on this name I had thought of "MotoWaffles" LOL.... yep... that moto name.

Reactions: HeyItsRick

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Oddly enough I couldn’t use my name - scooterwolf when I registered here and had to settle for scooterwuf instead. On YT there are a couple of variants of Scooterwolf, but nothing related to motovlogging or scooters.

Instagram is another monster.

- Wolf

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Oddly enough I couldn’t use my name - scooterwolf when I registered here and had to settle for scooterwuf instead. On YT there are a couple of variants of Scooterwolf, but nothing related to motovlogging or scooters.

Instagram is another monster.

- Wolf
I liked when autocorrect said you were not "wolf". I was hoping for a running inside joke.

Reactions: scooterwuf

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I think I saw a travel agency, with very similar name to my channel name. 1 letter difference. They have been around longer than my channel. But I think we're not stealing each others customers.

Reactions: HippoDrone

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
A Canadian cyber security company had the same name (Triumfant). I had to add 'The' before my name for my YT and social media accounts. They've since been bought out.

MotoMatMan

Wannabie Member
Nov 21, 2018
Johnson City, TN
I ride a
2018 Kawaski Versys
What would you do ? My channel will be 11 years old on Dec. 11. About 2 years ago I started attempting to motovlog and changed my channel name to MotoMattMan AFTER I searched you tube and found no other with that name. After a while my channel grew just a little. I decided to order stickers and spam cards. Now there is another channel popped up same name with lower case m's. I wish him luck and I even subscribed. However, I feel like if I hand out a spam card I am advertising for him. Soo, Would you change your name and throw away 3000 spam cards, or just carry on ?

Don't mean to Hi-Jack your post @ HeyItsRic MotoRickyRicardo but had this on my mind while reading about channel names.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'd send him a message and politely ask if he'd mind changing his name as you had it first and have a larger channel!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts