Converting a GPX file into an Itinerary

B.Vation

@Bikervation
Feb 28, 2019
Wiltshire
I ride a
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R Roadster
I use a TomTom rider (2013) sat nav and used to load routes up from Tyre, unfortunately Tyre has been discontinued so I have been trying to figure out how to load routes into it manually.

I finally found that this works for me: I plan a rote in TomTom My Drive and then down load it as a GPX file, I then plug the Rider into the computer and load the file into the GPX2ITN folder of the devise. Then when I next turn it on it converts the file into an Itinerary.

This might work in other devises like Garmin – Maybe??

This is copied From TomTom Help:

Converting a GPX file into an Itinerary

If you receive a large GPX file from a friend or download one from the internet, your TomTom Rider can convert it into an Itinerary. The ITN file contains less detail than the GPX file but it allows you to retrace your route using the Itinerary feature of your device. The ITN file can contain a maximum of 100 locations but that is enough to recreate a route accurately.

Manual conversion

Connect your TomTom Rider to your computer.
Place your GPX files in the GPX2ITN folder on your device.
Disconnect your device from the computer.
Turn your device on.
When the conversion has finished you can load your Itinerary. In the Main menu, tap Manage itineraries, then Open.

Hope it's helpful, Chris

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I'd really love to get my Garmin Montana working for me smarter, I currently use it in passive just as a map as I have the OS maps loaded to it, I don't know how to plan routes and how to get it to navigate them for me sadly???

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts