Wannabie Member
Oct 11, 2014
United States of America, Pennsylvania
I ride a
2002 Suzuki Katana 600
1974 Yamaha DT 125
Honda CB360
2003 Honda CBR F4i
So guys, it's winter time and I'm just sitting here and whenever I get a spark of interest for content ideas for my vlogs I quick put them in the Note app of my phone! Tell me what you guys think so far about how I'm going to set things up with my channel.

-Face reveal at 10,000 Subs
-Moto-vational Monday
-Theatrical Tuesday (Funny and random things I spot while on my motorcycle)
-Dirt Wednesday (Videos on my YZ450f)
-Waffle Saturday (Viewers send me things via a PO box, will most likely have to allow my channel to grow prior to starting this.)
-Blooper Sunday (All of the funny moments that I edited out of my normal Vlogs.)
-General cliche discussion on the importance of gear
-Reviews of all of my motorcycles that I own (pros, cons, that sort of thing)
-In car video of my Porsche and Cadillac on days that I can't ride
-General Maintenance on bikes
-Mechanical issues and how to deal with them (If something goes wrong with a bike)
-Choosing the correct motorcycle for you (Displacement arguments and riding style)
-Covering basic news in the world of motorcycles
-What Gear I use
-How to Start Motovlogging (Important sites like this one and motorcycle specific groups for support)
-I will also be doing quite a bit of charity work via my channel so I'm hoping to gain a strong following so I can donate a good chunk of money to good causes through FundMe style sites and the sale of merchandise.

What do you guys think? I know that a lot of it has done before and all but this is something that I'm passionate about and I want to create content that I believe people will want to watch so I believe I came up with a winning formula for success (I hope!)

Meef

Ninja!
Mar 1, 2015
London
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja 300
I'm definitely all for planning ahead, but I reckon a lot of good content comes from being spontaneous. Having said that, four videos per week sounds like a lot of content and you might find yourself running out of ideas quickly if you rush it into as tightly packed a schedule as that. I'm taking the approach of "More than one video per week" and seeing what happens.

Other than that you sound like you know what your channel's going to be about which is a good thing so you'll have lots of things to talk about over time.

Wish you all the success :D

Cloud9Moto

Wannabie Member
Feb 28, 2015
Tampa, FL
I ride a
2008 Suzuki GS500F
That's quite a plan you got there. I'd have to agree with the above in saying that 4 videos a week may be overwhelming. Imo less higher quality videos will do you better, other than that the overall topic ideas I think are great.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
I just try and get a video out every week or 2!

SuzuRyder

Wannabie Member
Oct 11, 2014
I ride a
2002 Suzuki Katana 600
1974 Yamaha DT 125
Honda CB360
2003 Honda CBR F4i
I'm definitely all for planning ahead, but I reckon a lot of good content comes from being spontaneous. Having said that, four videos per week sounds like a lot of content and you might find yourself running out of ideas quickly if you rush it into as tightly packed a schedule as that. I'm taking the approach of "More than one video per week" and seeing what happens.

Other than that you sound like you know what your channel's going to be about which is a good thing so you'll have lots of things to talk about over time.

Wish you all the success :D
I certainly agree with you but this is more like a time line spanning up to a year more than anything, I'm trying to make one motovlog a week and then do something weekly on the same day. I'm hoping that the consistency mixed with my other blogs during the week will gain the attention of viewers and will keep them coming back for whatever they find entertaining about my channel. Also, certain things won't happen until I develop a consistent viewing base. Thank you so much for your feed back, live long and prosper. ;)

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
I would stay away from more than 2 videos a week to be honest. You'll find yourself in a daily grind to get the content done. The series I am currently working on and releasing will be 4 vlogs this week. I know I will see diminished returns, but I can't spread it out over 4 weeks. It's last friday's snow event, and I want to return to business as usual (1 upload a week) asap.

When I first started I did 3 vlogs a week, and while I had the time to do so due to a shorter commute I know my quality is way higher now than back then. Two cameras now vs one the thus I am now synching footage, cutting and pasting more. It takes me 2 hours bare minimum per vlog. The current "snowpocalypse" arc took me more than 10 hours, and I have another 2 or 3 to finish it all. That is what I would be looking at if I tried 4 videos a week myself. And I know I would burn out faster than a roman candle, and ultimately quality would suffer greatly.

Reactions: CafeBrakes

SuzuRyder

Wannabie Member
Oct 11, 2014
I ride a
2002 Suzuki Katana 600
1974 Yamaha DT 125
Honda CB360
2003 Honda CBR F4i
I would stay away from more than 2 videos a week to be honest. You'll find yourself in a daily grind to get the content done. The series I am currently working on and releasing will be 4 vlogs this week. I know I will see diminished returns, but I can't spread it out over 4 weeks. It's last friday's snow event, and I want to return to business as usual (1 upload a week) asap.

When I first started I did 3 vlogs a week, and while I had the time to do so due to a shorter commute I know my quality is way higher now than back then. Two cameras now vs one the thus I am now synching footage, cutting and pasting more. It takes me 2 hours bare minimum per vlog. The current "snowpocalypse" arc took me more than 10 hours, and I have another 2 or 3 to finish it all. That is what I would be looking at if I tried 4 videos a week myself. And I know I would burn out faster than a roman candle, and ultimately quality would suffer greatly.
I agree that a lot of time and effort goes into the editing and piecing together the best clips, it certainly is a lot of work for such a little return in the beginning. I am a little over zealous with the whole thing right now and I know that 4 a week is definitely pushing it, especially with the editing work that I do on the side along with logos and intros. I have a lot on my plate but everything that I do, I thoroughly enjoy because I can make a little money, help people out and give them some entertainment also. I'm making a long term dream of mine slowly become a reality one video at a time, it's a great feeling.

JakeOnTwo

Wannabie Member
Dec 31, 2014
Orlando
I ride a
2012 Yamaha FZ8

SOLD: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R
I typically bust out 3 vlogs a week but I have the time for the editing and the going out to ride and stuff. My bike is my daily rider so I'm always thinking and vlogging while I ride for videos. I think this is a great list for your future vlogs!

SKITZR

Wannabie Member
Feb 16, 2015
I ride a
Honda RVF400
I wish I was as good as you with planning,
I only upload when I think I find something interesting, like almost getting struck by lightning. Ummmm. Interesting riders I come across. Annoying cagers etc.

Like others have mentioned, you "may" run out ideas, depending on how creative you are and if your viewers will still be interested in watching your videos. Goodluck with this! I will pop in and out to see how you go.

Reactions: CafeBrakes

AridRider

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2018
Arizona
www.youtube.com
I ride a
CBR500RA
Some great ideas - I'd say you should withhold the best ideas for yourself, but maybe a bit too late? Haha.

I have to agree with the posters above - I think you're underestimating the amount of time a quality video takes. 4 quality videos per week? I'm skeptical but feel free to prove me wrong. I'd recommend at minimum 1 quality video published on a consistent basis (time/day) per week to start. Once you begin to build an audience and gain more experience building & producing content, move to 2 quality videos per week.

Don't lose the enthusiasm - keep it up.

Feel free to check me out on YT as well. (Shameless Plug) :)

Monstrmike

Wannabie Member
Sep 14, 2020
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2014 Ducati Monster 1200
What stuff do you normally vlog about?

a lot of my videos were group rides that I filmed, did some vlogs which were just about mic updates or what was going on with me, did the normal AGATT

I did a bunch of unpopular opinions which haven’t been edited yet, couple rants, bike review, quad lock review

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I'm just going to release my backlog of footage one video per week over the winter. I planned it out, with what I have filmed now I can put out one motovlog per week and not have to film another video until March of 2021!

Yeah, I might put out two videos per week a couple times this winter... :oops:

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

CafeBrakes

Coffee Brakes
Jul 26, 2019
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2018 Yamaha R3
2014 Honda CBR1000RR
I love the "planning ahead" post you got here. It's actually alot easier when you have a clear path of what you are doing. I do agree with some of the people here, that getting more than a few videos a week might be tough but I can't knock you if you can do it.

I legit would watch Waffle Saturday.

Anyways, looking forward to your channel!

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I wouldnt try and produce too much in quick succession or you will turn it into grind and thought to make content.
A steady single video a week is plenty, 2 at most.

Just my opinion.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts