Compilation channels.

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I wouldn't mind them using if they gave credit.

I have a part manufacturer ripoff one of my car vids, they said they would pay me but didn't. I wouldn't mind taking parts for compensation, whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: L. Bilious

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
I've been asked a few times and I've always said yes. I see no reason not to help them out.
Besides, If the clip is good enough it will probably be stolen and used by less scrupulous channels without giving you credit, so you might as well get it out there with your channel name and video watermark.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I stopped saying yes to all of them.
I check out their channel first, just to see how they make the video's.
If they might be negative towards the motorcycle commnity i won't agree.

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
Why would they ask ? I like my own content , I have firsthand knowledge of my video.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I'll admit, I watch Moto Madness videos every now and then, but that's really the only compilation channel I watch at all.

Never had anyone ask me for clips of mine yet, but then I've not had any near misses or accidents on camera yet, nor so I do crazy stunts and stuff on my bike either, so I'm probably too boring for them! :cool:

TMackie

Up Shift Freak
Jun 12, 2020
Alberta , Canada
I ride a
Victory Vision 8 Ball , Indian Chieftain
I'll admit, I watch Moto Madness videos every now and then, but that's really the only compilation channel I watch at all.

Never had anyone ask me for clips of mine yet, but then I've not had any near misses or accidents on camera yet, nor so I do crazy stunts and stuff on my bike either, so I'm probably too boring for them! :cool:
I'm low on excitement myself. Ha ha. My favourite video is one helping a stranded biker and all I had to do was point out he had his killswitch engaged.

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
Well, I've had 1/2 dozen or so channels ask to use my clip up to now............ I've gained 1 subscriber, but I think they were incidental :D

I've had people criticise my clip on a fb page I'm on, saying my road position is shit, going too fast, blah blah- easy to watch a video and be a perfect rider from yer armchair. :(
There's a good chance that if I'd been on the perfect bit of road, I'd have crashed into the car.
I got away with it, I'll take that:cool:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You did ask folks opinions on the post on Motosocial UK, and if you ask, folk will answer.

I was surprised at your road position, and said so... but like you (and I) said, had you been in position 3, then you'd have most likely hit the car.
Getting home in one piece is always a win mate.

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
You did ask folks opinions on the post on Motosocial UK, and if you ask, folk will answer.

I was surprised at your road position, and said so... but like you (and I) said, had you been in position 3, then you'd have most likely hit the car.
Getting home in one piece is always a win mate.

I've no prob with comments made on here or Motosocial. :)
It was elsewhere, where people who I'd never seen post before, jumped in.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I've had a few go onto channels and I can't say I noticed anything different. Them types of videos dont have any intrest for me. As long as they credit you I see no issue

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Just had a couple of channels ask to feature a clip of mine in one of their compilations. I said yes, as I figure I've got nothing to lose.
Anyone else had this?
What are your thoughts on it?

Once. As long as they link back to your channel. I can't see it being a bad thing. Another source of traffic, right? Can't remember the last time I watched a compilation video though. Moto Madness used to be all the rage until YT tried to shut them down. Now I hardly see it suggested to me.

A lot of these compilations tended to be rage incidents. Not my cup of tea anymore.

MMVNJ

Wannabie Member
Jul 28, 2020
I ride a
Indian Scout
I'll watch Motomadness now and then, mostly just to see the general bafoonery that's on that channel.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I'm low on excitement myself. Ha ha. My favourite video is one helping a stranded biker and all I had to do was point out he had his killswitch engaged.
I helped someone out once along the road who had their kickstand down so the bike would not start, once they put it back up, tada!

Reactions: TMackie

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts