Channel trailer

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I want to make this topic as a location where we can share, see and learn about our and others channel trailer.

So, in this topic you can;
- share your channel trailer
- look at other channel trailers for inspiration
- discuss your trailer (how to improve it)
- give advice on other people their trailers

Just one topic were we can learn from each other and support each other. :cool:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Good, good! I have thought of making a trailer, for my channel. Now I can see all of your ideas, and do the ultimate rip-off :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You can't post videos outside of the members videos section, so people need to post their videos in there and then share a hyperlink to that post in this thread if they want to show off their content. Any videos posted directly in here will have to be deleted unfortunately! :)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I try to do a new one for each year.
However I currently have my look back at 2017 video up because I haven’t filmed enough for the new one yet.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
You can't post videos outside of the members videos section, so people need to post their videos in there and then share a hyperlink to that post in this thread if they want to show off their content. Any videos posted directly in here will have to be deleted unfortunately! :)

No worries, If that works, then that works.

It is mostly a way to help each other out.
Even without seeing the trailers we can still give tips, tricks and guide people a bit ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I try to do a new one for each year.
However I currently have my look back at 2017 video up because I haven’t filmed enough for the new one yet.

Every year?
Not afraid of losing consistency when altering your trailer yearly?
How do your subs respond to it?

Or do you use a channel trailer in stead of a yearly flashback video?
Doing both feels like a ton of work.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Yep new one every year. You need to keep the channel fresh, no point in having a video that shows old stuff.

Subscribers would have already seen the old one and moved on. So I'm not concerned about changing things a little.

Plus you tend to learn new filming and editing tricks over a year that makes it worth a new one every now and then.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Yep new one every year. You need to keep the channel fresh, no point in having a video that shows old stuff.

Plus you tend to learn new filming and editing tricks over a year that makes it worth a new one every now and then.

Two points that i can understand and agree on.

Do you tend to change the music up as well?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have not run a channel trailer, but I think it is probably a good idea as it shows what you are about to people who have stumbled across your channel.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I have not run a channel trailer, but I think it is probably a good idea as it shows what you are about to people who have stumbled across your channel.

Same here, so i spend a good amount of today on editing and searching older footage...
Won't finish today, but i can make a good start with it ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Do trailers really work? I don't know. Never bothered doing a specific one. I just took the intro clip and made that the trailer. People only see the trailer when they're on your channel page right? By then they should be able to see the list of videos you have by sorted by playlist and decide to sub or not. I think arranging which playlist to show at the top is more important as it will visually show people what kind of content you have. "Most popular uploads" would also work.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Do trailers really work? I don't know. Never bothered doing a specific one. I just took the intro clip and made that the trailer. People only see the trailer when they're on your channel page right? By then they should be able to see the list of videos you have by sorted by playlist and decide to sub or not. I think arranging which playlist to show at the top is more important as it will visually show people what kind of content you have. "Most popular uploads" would also work.

From what i could find it helps the algoritme of youtube, and increasing traffic towards your channel.

So if you search your own name you should pop up sooner with channel trailer then without.
Mostly it has to do with the "how complete is your channel" statistics.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I did decided to create a channel trailer.
(as seen here; Motovlog post)

Not 100% happy with it, but i created space in the video to later improve it.
Stuff that isn't recorded yet.
Or stuff that might get recorded some day.

For now i'm happy with it. Even if it get yellow flagged .... >.<

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
From what i could find it helps the algoritme of youtube, and increasing traffic towards your channel.

So if you search your own name you should pop up sooner with channel trailer then without.
Mostly it has to do with the "how complete is your channel" statistics.

I think anything that helps in gaining more followers / views is a good thing. Especially when it comes to Youtube and their weird background changes to policy. Let us know if you notice anything?

I do see that creating a channel trailer is part of that Youtube creator academy, so the trailer may be more useful than we think.

Reactions: Meifesto

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I don't get how having a trailer effects the search algorithm for your channel to be notice or pop up in the search results, I feel the trailer is more of a "preview" for whoever that lands on your channel page.. As for completing the academy.. It's like a guide to fully setup your profile in a way. Then again I know nothing about how YouTube thinks or works.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I don't get how having a trailer effects the search algorithm for your channel to be notice or pop up in the search results, I feel the trailer is more of a "preview" for whoever that lands on your channel page.. As for completing the academy.. It's like a guide to fully setup your profile in a way. Then again I know nothing about how YouTube thinks or works.

I'm not sure it affects search, I think it affects suggested videos. I dont think Youtube know what they are doing. Definitely agree on the trailer being a preview, I dont think many people see it, I've rarely landed on a channels page and let the trailer play.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I do like the different styles that people have.

What do you think the max length of a good channel trailer should be..?

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts