Channel Names - Update and Thoughts

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
So I recently decided that a name change of the channel was in order. Being that I was called chriswallace959 I recently felt like it was a little to intrusive and that there wasn’t much to work with.

So I decided to come with a new one. Boy was it difficult with a list that could be used on YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. Feel sorry for those that are trying to come up with names in the future. I asked in a few places and it came down to WallyRides and LoneWallyUK.

It was quite interesting to see what other people thought. WallyRides was the common choice. Whilst I originally went with that, I’ve changed again to LoneWallyUK. For me personally the Lone part fits a lot better. A few people commented saying that they were not a fan of the UK. Admittedly I’m not 100% keen on it myself. But I was even less keen on WallyRides.

It all makes me wishes that that sites would close or give randomly generated username for accounts that aren’t active. A lot of the ones I came up with had inactive accounts. Again I wondered how new people need usernames are going to find it.

TLDR: Changed name from chriswallace959 to WallyRides based on what people preferred. Then changed to LoneWallyUK since the lone part fitted better Despite not being 100% with the UK part. Good luck to new people needing usernames.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I remember how difficult it was to choose a channel name, that would reflect my intent with the channel, sound OK and also would seem relatable to myself.
The other issue that you brought up - the inactive accounts. You'd need to set a time when can you consider an account inactive. Lets say someone who makes really good content does year or two long trips and then posts a video or two about those. Then is inactive again for few years, while on another journey. Would that channel be killed by the automatization and considered inactive. All the wonderful footage that people enjoy, lost forever?
What if the person posts once in a decade, and even then unlisted video, to share with select friends, but logs himself in every week. Is that inactive account?

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I have been toying with the idea of a name change as the whole "LONE" part of my moniker is a bit misleading as I sort of have a perminant riding buddy in the form of my wife. And she is much more social than I am so that in turn means she often comes with a crew.

I have had similar problems in searching for a new name that not only fits but is available across mutiple platforms. Witht hat, I'll probably stick with my name and it will just be tongue in cheek rather than matter of fact. I do still get a few rides in alone every once in a while though hahahaha

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Jeez Chris, I thought you were going for WallyRides, you had so many folk say they really liked that and lots of folk suggesting not using UK in the name. You also seem to do lots of social rides to meets and out with other vloggers etc, hardly a loner! :D hahaha
Drop me a pm if you want to change your username on here to whatever, and I'll see what I can do :)

Reactions: HRMV

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I remember how difficult it was to choose a channel name, that would reflect my intent with the channel, sound OK and also would seem relatable to myself.
The other issue that you brought up - the inactive accounts. You'd need to set a time when can you consider an account inactive. Lets say someone who makes really good content does year or two long trips and then posts a video or two about those. Then is inactive again for few years, while on another journey. Would that channel be killed by the automatization and considered inactive. All the wonderful footage that people enjoy, lost forever?
What if the person posts once in a decade, and even then unlisted video, to share with select friends, but logs himself in every week. Is that inactive account?

Yh it was a chore. I think giving random handles would actually be better. YouTube wasn't really a problem it was more Instagram and Twitter. Activity could be a simple as logging in every so often. I've had emails from sites before saying that haven't signed in over a year and I had another month to sign in or my account would be closed.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
I have been toying with the idea of a name change as the whole "LONE" part of my moniker is a bit misleading as I sort of have a perminant riding buddy in the form of my wife. And she is much more social than I am so that in turn means she often comes with a crew.

I have had similar problems in searching for a new name that not only fits but is available across mutiple platforms. Witht hat, I'll probably stick with my name and it will just be tongue in cheek rather than matter of fact. I do still get a few rides in alone every once in a while though hahahaha
Yh it can literally be opening a can of worms. Most of my time is alone. I mainly just wanted to get away from using Chris Wallace. Wallace mainly but since I get called Wally or Wallace at work cause there two Chris' so it made sense too head in the Wally direction

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Jeez Chris, I thought you were going for WallyRides, you had so many folk say they really liked that and lots of folk suggesting not using UK in the name. You also seem to do lots of social rides to meets and out with other vloggers etc, hardly a loner! :D hahaha
Drop me a pm if you want to change your username on here to whatever, and I'll see what I can do :)
Yh. It was a clear choice by the people. Just the longer I sat with it the more I started to dislike it. I'm not 100% with the UK myself but I'll take the trade off. The art of YouTube you see what I want people to see. Most of my time is actually by myself. Will do.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Chris's name has been changed on here to LoneWally, his channel is LoneWallyUK

Reactions: R-Rated

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Personally I prefer the LoneWally over LoneWallyUK. Choosing a channel name can be tough, I changed mine last year or so to fit with becoming a group putting out content instead of just been me.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
Personally I prefer the LoneWally over LoneWallyUK. Choosing a channel name can be tough, I changed mine last year or so to fit with becoming a group putting out content instead of just been me.
LoneWally was my first thought. Instagram says it’s not available yet when I search it there’s nothing and someone on Twitter has but has 3 tweets and hasn’t tweeted since 2016.

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
LoneWally was my first thought. Instagram says it’s not available yet when I search it there’s nothing and someone on Twitter has but has 3 tweets and hasn’t tweeted since 2016.
That's quite annoying and definitely something social media need to monitor more closely.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
The important thing is that you like the name of your channel.

But I got to be honest, I prefer Wally Rides myself! :cool:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I have been toying with the idea of a name change as the whole "LONE" part of my moniker is a bit misleading as I sort of have a perminant riding buddy...she often comes with a crew...
This just came to me - you should just name your channel LoneWolfersUnited

Reactions: LoneWolfer

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts