Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Networking with other motovloggers is great to get yourself started. If you are on Facebook, check out the "MotoSocial UK" and the "Challenge Accepted (Motovlog)" groups. They have some basic rules regarding sharing content, just as we do here, but they are both very interactive groups. You also want to find some large groups on FB that are for your choice of bike. Definitely look at forums, this one is a great one to get to know some closer and further afield motovloggers, but it is worth seeing if there are forums for your motorcycle too.
I do suggest that you only share relevant videos on forums, I only really share videos of my Triumph on the Triumph forum I am on (although have shared some trackday vids of my Moto Guzzi on there too. Same with Facebook groups, try and keep it relevant. The Challenge Accepted group is just for the challenge vids so unless you plan on doing those then there is very little point in joining it.
Another way to draw in subs is to do helpful vids, maybe a guide on how to adjust the chain on your bike, or change the indicators or exhaust.
I made a video on how to fit handguards onto a KTM which is a really really easy job, yet it has had over 10k views. So making a helpful vid is something folk will search YouTube for.

JohnnyMoto

Yamaha BT1100
Jul 18, 2019
Herne Bay, Kent, UK
I ride a
Yamaha BT1100
Networking with other motovloggers is great to get yourself started. If you are on Facebook, check out the "MotoSocial UK" and the "Challenge Accepted (Motovlog)" groups. They have some basic rules regarding sharing content, just as we do here, but they are both very interactive groups. You also want to find some large groups on FB that are for your choice of bike. Definitely look at forums, this one is a great one to get to know some closer and further afield motovloggers, but it is worth seeing if there are forums for your motorcycle too.
I do suggest that you only share relevant videos on forums, I only really share videos of my Triumph on the Triumph forum I am on (although have shared some trackday vids of my Moto Guzzi on there too. Same with Facebook groups, try and keep it relevant. The Challenge Accepted group is just for the challenge vids so unless you plan on doing those then there is very little point in joining it.
Another way to draw in subs is to do helpful vids, maybe a guide on how to adjust the chain on your bike, or change the indicators or exhaust.
I made a video on how to fit handguards onto a KTM which is a really really easy job, yet it has had over 10k views. So making a helpful vid is something folk will search YouTube for.

Thank you, that’s a great start! I’ve found a couple of Facebook groups that I’ve requested joining, that’ll hopefully give me a start!

RideOnTwo

Smart Ass
Jun 14, 2019
Massachusetts USA
I ride a
BMW F750GS
What do you guys find is the best way to grow your channel? Adding subs, views etc. Where do you share your vids?
I have found as @HippoDrone stated, join the motovlogging community in some form or fashion. Doing the Challenge Accepted videos, watching other motovloggers content and commenting, as well as the other points he made are all good ways to increase your views/subs. Create a facebook page for your channel and share it among your facebook friends, this helps get a few views in the beginning. I also post to instagram and twitter, I do get some views from instagram, when you use some of the bigger # that can get you some exposure that you will not get from YouTube pushing your vids in the beginning. 13 videos and 75 subs so far, most have come in the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Facebook Page done!
Hey dude, if you want to share your social channels and YouTube channel, you can do it in this linked to thread:

Reactions: RideOnTwo

JohnnyMoto

Yamaha BT1100
Jul 18, 2019
Herne Bay, Kent, UK
I ride a
Yamaha BT1100
Hey dude, if you want to share your social channels and YouTube channel, you can do it in this linked to thread:

Thanks, sorry, got a bit overexcited o_O

D-Cycle

Wannabie Member
Mar 9, 2019
I ride a
2018 Harley-Davidson Sport Glide
I am by means no expert, but what has helped me is getting notice from bigger channels and mentions in their videos. DanDanTheFireMan has given me a few bumps and it helped. Same with Great Egret and Tony Cox. Take the time to put out good searchable content and the channel will grow. Just put in the time and don't give up.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts