Jul 24, 2011
France
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 600S
What do you think !

:arrow: Author: Mike Werner
------------------------------
It's so incredibly nice for once to report on something positive happening in a country. Not about repression, bad laws, petty people, but about people who use their gray matter to do the right thing. If only I could report on these positive things more often...

In Belgium, a country rifled with political problems, with no government to rule the country, things are still happening though, or maybe because there is no government things are actually working.

In a Royal decree (as a side note, the King of Belgium is a passionate motorcycle rider) last week, several laws were passed for motorcycle riders, all applicable as of September the 1st, 2011.

Lane splitting/filtering:
Lane splitting/filtering will be allowed as long as the motorcycle does not exceed 50 kph, and that the speed difference between the cars and the motorcycle is not higher than 20 kph. Lane splitting/filtering is only allowed in between the two left most lanes.

Sidewalk Parking
Motorcycles within the city are allowed to park their motorcycles or scooter on the sidewalk, as long as they do not hinder pedestrians, and leave at least 1.5 meters free for the pedestrians.

Children
Children, 8 years or older, are allowed to ride along as a "normal" pillion, children aged between 3 and 8 are only allowed as pillion on 125cc motorcycles, AND only sitting in special kids' seats. Children under the age of 3 are not allowed on a motorcycle.

ATGATT
Apart from wearing a helmet, bikers will need to be ATGATT by law. Gloves, long sleeve jacket, trousers and ankle protecting shoes/boots.

Bus Lane
Motorcycles are allowed to use the bus lane

These have got to be the most progressive motorcycle laws anywhere. All the points most of the countries are fighting for have been adopted in Belgium.

Time to move to Belgium? I'll never make a joke about Belgium, the joke is on us.
------------------------------ END
Original article: http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx ... d-ones.htm

I tend to agree with the King !

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
That's the problem in most countries, the people in power are cagers who see us as a menace, or see the stats on motorcycle accidents and what to improve them, but go the wrong way about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts