Camera case or bag suggestions

mnb

@Ride_0n
Mar 4, 2022
San Jose, California
I ride a
F800GS, Multistrada, RoadKing, K1100LT and a couple Italian era Husqvarnas.
I use a GoPro 7, GoPro 10 and an Insta 360 One X2 currently. When I'm out riding, I want to carry a few extra batteries and some misc nick nacks.

I'm looking for essentially the smallest case I can get that will protect the gear and allow me to carry all that stuff. At some point, I'll probably get a drone, but I expect that'll add 50%-100% to my storage needs. I have some big panniers, but I need to minimize the space they take up.

I don't use a tank bag and I hate tank bags. My tail rack is usually taken up by a waterproof duffel that holds my rain gear, and a variety of other stuff. One pannier holds my clothes and bathroom bag. So I get one pannier for cameras, selfie sticks, tripods, water bottle, GPS case, etc.

Just curious if anyone else runs multi cameras and has found a good, compact bag they could point me to.

TIA!

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I usually just put my stuff in the normal plastic shopping bag, in case there will be rain somewhere, and stick that in to my pannier. Unless you want a backpack, I don't think there is much need (at least on paved roads) for separate protective stuff. Pannier is pretty protective already.
If you want to carry the stuff when walking around, and are looking a bag for that. Maybe look for some smaller photography backpacks? They often come with adjustable separators or walls, so you can adjust the compartments to your needs.

rudeboy

Wannabie Member
Oct 12, 2012
Thailand
I ride a
CRF250L
I also dislike tank bags but have finally bitten the bullet and bought one, an SW Motech Pro City, its only 5 litres capacity but should be big enough to hold my gopro's, batteries and my Canon M50 as well as a few cables etc. the main reason for finally getting one is that I want to improve my photography (I'm very much a beginner) so I wanted something to store my canon camera and wanted it within easy reach so I could just quickly pull over grab the camera and snap some shots without having to get off the bike,

We'll see how I get on with using a tank bag after many years of avoiding them...

At the moment I have a small handlebar bag which was big enough to hold the gopro, insta360 and some spare batteries and a charger which could be plugged into my USB port, and again was always within easy reach, this has worked well for me for the smaller stuff but need bigger if want to carry my "proper" camera, I'll continue to use the handlebar bag when on rides that I'm not taking my camera.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I use a GoPro 7, GoPro 10 and an Insta 360 One X2 currently. When I'm out riding, I want to carry a few extra batteries and some misc nick nacks.

I'm looking for essentially the smallest case I can get that will protect the gear and allow me to carry all that stuff. At some point, I'll probably get a drone, but I expect that'll add 50%-100% to my storage needs. I have some big panniers, but I need to minimize the space they take up.

I don't use a tank bag and I hate tank bags. My tail rack is usually taken up by a waterproof duffel that holds my rain gear, and a variety of other stuff. One pannier holds my clothes and bathroom bag. So I get one pannier for cameras, selfie sticks, tripods, water bottle, GPS case, etc.

Just curious if anyone else runs multi cameras and has found a good, compact bag they could point me to.

TIA!
I recently started using the case by GoPro called the Casey. It holds a some cables, a couple of cameras, and few batteries too. I can put it in the pannier (saddlebag) or put it in any backpack easily.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If I'm bringing a few cameras along with me I use a small rucksack. Generally I hate them, as have a shoulder injury, but it means I can bring them with me when I am off the bike. If I am only running one or 2 cameras, I just use my jacket pockets for them when off the bike and for batteries.

Reactions: R-Rated

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
For big trips I pack my clothes, shaving kit and essentials in a duffle bag that I place on my rear seat. I have a tank bag, but I recently got a photographer's backpack to hold my camera gear, accessories, with room for my laptop, and iPad. It fits in my top case . The backpack also has space to hold a tripod, or gimbal as well. I can wear it on my back when riding. It's been a real game changer and I hope it will reduce the clutter I had with my last long ride.

I've seen other bags with the same design at cheaper prices too.

- Wolf

Reactions: motonomad

mnb

@Ride_0n
Mar 4, 2022
San Jose, California
I ride a
F800GS, Multistrada, RoadKing, K1100LT and a couple Italian era Husqvarnas.
I can wear it on my back when riding.
Yesh, that's not happening. I will never wear a back pack when riding. Too many complications if you go down. Plus, I am not a fan of backpacks in general. And tankbags get in the way of mounting the bike unless they're really small (too small for 3 action cameras and accessories.

I've been using an Eylar case I got off amazon. There's a 13" wide one I use, but I'm trying to find a way to make the smaller 11" work because the 13" takes up 2/3 of a pannier. The hard case is nice, but a soft case would be preferable. I don't need bullet proof, just general protection for them. I can't just toss it all loose in a bag or the lenses and displays would get scratched.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
That definitely tracks. I‘ve stowed the pack in my top case, and only wore it when I had to remove the top case when I took my bike to a mechanic (they want the case removed to make it easier to get a bike on a lift). The pack held materials I needed to teach a class, so it was convenient to wear after dropping the bike off, and for my walk back to a train station.

If you can find an I. Goldberg Army/Navy surplus store in your area, they’re a good go-to-place for finding duffle bags and luggage items.

I realized I said tank bag, but I meant a tunnel bag for my touring scooter. The pic shows how I was packed for my last big trip.

- Wolf

IMG_1105.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: HippoDrone

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
If I am on my Kawasakis, I'll stuff my jacket pockets with batteries and mount the cameras on my helmet and bike. Not very helpful, but I don't tour on those bikes. Not that I really tour, per se, but I go on day rides, but I do those on my Harley.

I have a Tour Pack on my Street Glide, so I use the organizer in that to hold selfie sticks, batteries [in a mic bag, of all things], my Sony in a Crown Royal bag, and that's about it. I'm not a fan of tank bags either, but I have a tail bag for my KZ that holds a bunch of stuff, including my coffee mugs and extra camera gear. I think it's a Saddleman product.

What I would recomment, is the GoPro case that comes with new cameras. It's got enough room in it for batteries and stuff. Selfie sticks won't fit though.

-John

LimeyRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2023
Fleet
I ride a
Yamaha YBR Custom and a Suzuki SV650 - Toying with a Triumph of some sort, undecided as of yet.
Long shot, but a fair amount of the guys i ride with who take cameras/drones etc with them use leg bags, Can't say i've used them but they do look quite handy! toying with the idea of getting one as I also hate wearing backpacks and I am constantly hitting my tank bag when i'm riding

rudeboy

Wannabie Member
Oct 12, 2012
Thailand
I ride a
CRF250L
Long shot, but a fair amount of the guys i ride with who take cameras/drones etc with them use leg bags, Can't say i've used them but they do look quite handy! toying with the idea of getting one as I also hate wearing backpacks and I am constantly hitting my tank bag when i'm riding
I forgot about these and I actually have one...

I haven't had it for long but only bought it to use on my hypermotard as got fed up with stuffing everything into my pockets, the one I use is from a company called Rhinowalk, its decent quality and relatively cheap, its not huge but big enough to hold my phone, wallet and a few spare batteries, with some room to spare,

I don't really notice I'm wearing it when riding but I do wonder though if it could cause more injury to my leg in an off situation...

LimeyRider

Wannabie Member
Jan 3, 2023
Fleet
I ride a
Yamaha YBR Custom and a Suzuki SV650 - Toying with a Triumph of some sort, undecided as of yet.
I forgot about these and I actually have one...

I haven't had it for long but only bought it to use on my hypermotard as got fed up with stuffing everything into my pockets, the one I use is from a company called Rhinowalk, its decent quality and relatively cheap, its not huge but big enough to hold my phone, wallet and a few spare batteries, with some room to spare,

I don't really notice I'm wearing it when riding but I do wonder though if it could cause more injury to my leg in an off situation...
I think that is my only reservation with them, having a load of kit strapped to my leg and coming off.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I have a little bathroom essentials bag which I've been using as my camera bag. Works great, just big enough to fit everything I need yet be rather compact.

Of course I ride a Goldwing so I have saddlebags and a tourpak, so carrying my camera bag and my drone is easy peasy.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts