General Cager On Phone Nearly Hits Biker

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
Nice riding there. No way I could have reacted like that. I'm trying to just get more seat time so I will be better prepared for a similar encounter.

And on the phone thing, the US has started down the road of specific laws against phones used in cars. But the practice is already illegal under common distracted driving laws. They just aren't enforced.

With the distracted driving laws you can be pulled over for eating a burger, doing makeup, reading the paper, dancing, etc if it is causing you to drive erratically. But again, no one enforces it. So now there are specific hands free or texting and driving laws... That are also rarely enforced.

thanks man. I try and always ride with the assumption that someone will do something like this so I am always thinking of my escape plan. the reflex truly does come from riding experience and practice so be sure to get practice and know what to do because panicking and locking the wheel up is never the right answer.

Haiqel

Rider | Gamer | Procrastinator Champion
Apr 14, 2016
Singapore
I ride a
2001 Yamaha RXZ
2013 KTM Duke 390
That's an everyday thing here in Singapore. Riders here are always on our toes! :(

Reactions: AmpdMoto

Tash

Neophyte
Mar 5, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSF600s Bandit
that torque though....
Is that a V-Rod?

Naked Dave

His Royal Nakedness
Apr 17, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2014 Honda CBR500R
I like my bike so I think I'll avoid that. I have already been through that scenario once I used to ride a zx6r that got hit and totaled.
Yeah... an not to mention all our "soft tissue" we have wrapped around the bike... a hit like that would have thrown you into oncoming traffic - a new bike might not be high on the priority list then...

Glad you were able to evade...

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
that torque though....
Is that a V-Rod?

Yeah. It's a VRod I love it. Went from sportbikes to this because it felt like the best of both worlds.

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
Yeah... an not to mention all our "soft tissue" we have wrapped around the bike... a hit like that would have thrown you into oncoming traffic - a new bike might not be high on the priority list then...

Glad you were able to evade...

Yes it would have. My previous accident on the ninja did just that. Luckily oncoming traffic was paying attention that day and stopped about 2 feet from my face.

Majes

Spanish motovlogger
Dec 7, 2015
Spain
I ride a
Honda CBR 600 F4i
isn't it illegal over there? Here in spain the fine is at least of 400€ if you do that.

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
isn't it illegal over there? Here in spain the fine is at least of 400€ if you do that.

It's illegal to text, etc. but it's not illegal to talk on the phone unfortunately. I wish they would at least make bluetooth devices a requirement.

Jon Bean

May 18, 2016
I ride a
2003 Z1000
Glad you were paying attention! and this why you ride like everyone is out to kill you because some people do this kind of crap unintentionally.

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
Glad you were paying attention! and this why you ride like everyone is out to kill you because some people do this kind of crap unintentionally.

Exactly. Ride like you're invisible.

BxPolymath

Wannabie Member
Apr 18, 2016
I ride a
Harley Davidson Street 750
how do you guys know she was on her phone, i couldnt tell in the video

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
how do you guys know she was on her phone, i couldnt tell in the video

I was the rider in the video and I know she was on the phone because my wife was in her car behind me when it happened and as she went to pass the woman she told me the lady has a phone in her hand. About a mile up the road I came next to the same lady at a red light and she had a phone in her hand then and would not look my direction at all. Regardless of the cause of distraction it is plain as day that she never stopped to even look at traffic before pulling out. My bike is also very loud (straight pipes) and I have a HID headlight so there was really no excuse for not yielding much less going all the way across to the second lane.

cb500f

Some Canadian Chick On A Sports Bike!
Feb 11, 2015
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
I ride a
2013 Honda CB500F
I unfortunately have a few vids like this one up on my channel .. this year seemed to be the worst so far for distracted drivers

the_jtown

Wannabie Member
Oct 30, 2016
Maryland
I ride a
KTM 390 Duke
I've made it a personal mission to yell at people when they're on their phone. I'm hoping that eventually, I will have yelled at enough people to get out of my neighborhood without having someone on their phone. Glad you handled that so well!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts