Brighton Burn Up - 11th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
I am a definite no, family stuff I can't get out of, have tried, but failed.

91biker

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
I ride a
suzuki sv 650
So to clear things up i'm heading to adenbrookes hospital for 8:15am to meet Daffee and Friz?

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Yeah, unless its badly raining. I dont fancy 600 miles in horrendous weather.

Daffee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2
Im sorry, my work called me in on Sunday, as they can't get any cover =/, and I can't really say no, as i need the hours badly, if you guys still want to meet up at adenbrookes i don't mind coming over and having a quick chat but thats about all i can do, soo sorry for this.

91biker

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
I ride a
suzuki sv 650
Thats cool, well friz you still fancy meeting there? yeah don't mind meeting you for a quick chat daffee go for it, you guys want my number incase we're at the wrong car park at the hospital or something?

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
I was originally meeting Daffee at Milton Tescos. I dont know how to get to the hospital.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
I dont mean to clog up forum posts with all this, but is there much point in me coming all the way over to Cambridge now you're not going? I mean, Bedford is so much closer to the m1.

DJ_Xenobot

Wannabie Member
Aug 22, 2011
London
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ER6F
Hmm weather forecast is a bit scary.. raining at 4am. stopping at like 6-7am.. then raining again at 7pm..
But then again.. its raining now halfway between brighton and london.. so im not sure.. seems Unpredictable.

If I do go.. How will I recognise you guys? lol

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Weather is supposedly showers mostly with a bit of wind thrown in, it's constant rain I hate, as long as I get to dry out I'm happy.

Besides, as long as you want to be out on your bike you won't give a damn :)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
Chrus600 said:
Besides, as long as you want to be out on your bike you won't give a damn :)

I agree.

DJ_Xenobot said:
Hmm weather forecast is a bit scary.. raining at 4am. stopping at like 6-7am.. then raining again at 7pm..
But then again.. its raining now halfway between brighton and london.. so im not sure.. seems Unpredictable.

If I do go.. How will I recognise you guys? lol

Weather won't be that bad. Especially compared to what it was meant to be the other day.

You'll know us because we'll have cameras on our helmets :p

DJ_Xenobot said:
im 50/50. Can i have someones contact number? Might meet up in brighton =]

Meet us in Brighton if you want to. I can PM you my contact number if you need it.

--------

Can I just ask, now Extreme isn't going, who is organising this?

I just want to know where we're meeting now and who exactly is going. Still the Ikea?

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Friz said:
Can I just ask, now Extreme isn't going, who is organising this?

I just want to know where we're meeting now and who exactly is going. Still the Ikea?

May as well stick with Ikea unless anyone else has got a better idea? My only quibble is that I have to ride past the Ace Cafe from the M4 to get there, hopefully I won't get stuck in a mass of bikes, I might just take a side road if need be. Good thing about the Ikea is that there's a Tesco petrol station right next to it which I'll likely be needing.

DJ_Xenobot

Wannabie Member
Aug 22, 2011
London
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ER6F
Contact number please Friz, I'll get off my ass and ride up to Ikea - NW10 0TH

Correct?

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
DJ_Xenobot said:
Contact number please Friz, I'll get off my ass and ride up to Ikea - NW10 0TH

Correct?

Yeah and we'll go for 9:15 as well.

Tell you what, can everyone thats going post below so I know who to look out for tomorrow?
Also a brief description of your bike and gear would be epic.

You'll catch my CBR straight away, especially if you've seen any of my videos. As I think I've already said, I'm going to be with SaveTheFreak as well so look out for a smashed up ER5 with loads of random stickers :p

DJ_Xenobot

Wannabie Member
Aug 22, 2011
London
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki ER6F
Im hopefully going to be in a 1 piece Spada black and white racing suit with aero hump and a matt black helmet if its not raining..

If it is.. a 1 piece waterproof in black with a matt black helmet.

My bike looks identicle to this:

cbr600-1989.jpg

Edit: You are leaving ikea at 9:15 or you are meeting there then? How long will you be there?

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
DJ_Xenobot said:
Edit: You are leaving ikea at 9:15 or you are meeting there then? How long will you be there?

I know we spoke about this in a text, but just to clarify for everyone else.

We'll meet around 9:15 and move to the Ace Cafe as soon as everyone confirmed shows up.

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Right, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out. If I had it my way I'd be there with you guys quite happily.

My parents, who I unfortunately live under the same roof with, have decided they are opposed to my going to this meetup because of the windy weather and they also reckon I am going to kill myself in London traffic. As such they guilt tripped me into doubting my ability to go, and, I suppose, I have only been riding for a few months.

I am pissed off. Massively pissed off, expect a rant in my next vlog. I look forward to seeing videos of the ride though.

Next meetup, I AM THERE (unless I am working).

Most of all, I'm sorry about this, just as well no one's relying on me for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts