Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick Driver

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
I ride a
2013 Honda CBR600F Nightstar black
Hi all,

I posted in the introductions thread yesterday but thought I'd add one here too seeing as I've now uploaded my first video.

About me. Well, I'm Matt and I live in Pontypool, South Wales. I currently work for the ambulance service in Bristol. That was part of the reason for me getting a bike as I begrudge paying a French company £6.20 to get home. The Severn Bridge is free on a bike and it's a great feeling riding past the lines of queuing cars and being waved through.

I started riding just over two years ago. My first bike was a Suzuki SV650S K6 in a not so manly ice blue (officially a silver colour though). Oil starvation to the front cylinder caused the engine to fail leaving me without a ride. So I got myself a good deal on a brand new 2013 Honda CBR600F in Nightstar Black. Lovely colour with a gold flake but a bugger to keep clean and it scratches sooooo easily.

I decided to have a go at vlogging as on my rides to and from work I find myself talking to myself about things. I've also been looking at getting a camera for some time because of the amount of near misses I've have due to idiot drivers. One with an artic was quite scary. I mean I was always taught to give way to the right at roundabouts.... Thats another story though. Maybe I'll use it as the topic to my first vlog.

I'm curently using a Drift HD1080 to record my footage but I need to invest in an external microphone before I go any further.

Anyway, my twitter is @brickdriver and my youtube is BrickDriverVlogs.

I've posted my first video for you all to take a look at. Sorry I forgot to set Windows Movie Maker to upload in 1080p.

Cheers
Matt

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2x-ibfVqQ[/youtube]

Unkept

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans
Cool camera angle! I recently bought a Drift as well. I should be putting on actual "vlogs" soon too..

Sounds like an interesting job. I'm sure we'll hear a bit about it in your videos?

mytheral

Wannabie Member
Apr 5, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I ride a
Ninja 500R
Hello, I really envy European riders with your abundance of awesome roads... Anyway I really liked the angles and music choices looking forward to more. :)

Brick Driver

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
I ride a
hi all,

I'm sure I'll have a whinge about my job during some of my vlogs. I'll try and get a walk around of the BMW R1200RT we use.

As for roads, I am so luck in where I live. There are some of the best riding roads in the UK right on my doorstep. There will be loads of footage of those roads :D

ham

Wannabie Member
Jan 21, 2013
Sydney
I ride a
Ninja 250R
I thought this was going to be vlogs from someone who transported bricks around :lol:

Welcome!

Brick Driver

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
I ride a
First video is in he editing room. What software do other use? I'm currently working with Windows Movie Maker

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
Brick Driver said:
First video is in he editing room. What software do other use? I'm currently working with Windows Movie Maker
Sony Vegas for me, I don't know how to edit like a pro but find it easier for syncing my audio/video and basic editing stuff. There is a learning curve to it though.

Brick Driver

Wannabie Member
Apr 19, 2013
I ride a
Well, the first Vlog is up on youtube. Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEyaEBydjM[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts