Boots With Laces!

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Hey guys got a question for ya. I'm on a small 250cc bike atm and I live in the downtown of the biggest city in my country. Think along the lines of Paris style streets with packed cars.

Now I'm not getting any actual motorcycle boots but I got some nice thick leather high-top boots yesterday which are extremely comfy to ride in (I'm surprised). And as I said, they are leather so I feel more secure in those.

Now here's the question. What do you do with the laces? I tuck em in right now, but may be there are more 'pro' solutions or tips? Something that looks good and feels good too?

I also have gotten to ride a bike in running shoes like Salomon or adidas. Not so comfy. but I had to ride the bike for like 500 feet just to get it off the space that was needed and I still end up tucking them in but the laces might end up going into the shoe and hurting my foot.

Gimme suggestions!!!

Reactions: RoadSprock

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
KTM 690 Supermoto/ Triumph Speed Triple 1050
Hey guys got a question for ya. I'm on a small 250cc bike atm and I live in the downtown of the biggest city in my country. Think along the lines of Paris style streets with packed cars.

Now I'm not getting any actual motorcycle boots but I got some nice thick leather high-top boots yesterday which are extremely comfy to ride in (I'm surprised). And as I said, they are leather so I feel more secure in those.

Now here's the question. What do you do with the laces? I tuck em in right now, but may be there are more 'pro' solutions or tips? Something that looks good and feels good too?

I also have gotten to ride a bike in running shoes like Salomon or adidas. Not so comfy. but I had to ride the bike for like 500 feet just to get it off the space that was needed and I still end up tucking them in but the laces might end up going into the shoe and hurting my foot.

Gimme suggestions!!!

I've ridden in boots before but you'll eventually wear out the left with the gear shifting. As to the laces, I used to tie them behind the flap and tuck them down to the side.. Hope it works for you to!

Reactions: RiderInRed

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
I've ridden in boots before but you'll eventually wear out the left with the gear shifting. As to the laces, I used to tie them behind the flap and tuck them down to the side.. Hope it works for you to!
Both good advice. I just can't afford riding boots and then swapping them thru the day. Maybe I should make a sort of a sock for boots that goes on to help avoid wear on the left shoe?

Wait doesn't this actually happen to riding boots too? Doesn't the left one get worn out due to the shifter?

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
Both good advice. I just can't afford riding boots and then swapping them thru the day. Maybe I should make a sort of a sock for boots that goes on to help avoid wear on the left shoe?

Wait doesn't this actually happen to riding boots too? Doesn't the left one get worn out due to the shifter?

Most riding boots have a hardened plastic pad towards the toe for the shifting :) well all the ones I've had lol

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
I wear alpinestars riding boots that are waterproof and leather. I can't speak for the laces but my left boot as a thicker piece of added leather on the top for the shifter.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
Ahhh gotcha, I'ma think of a 'plastic addon' something like a 'toecatcher' or whatnot to hit the TV markets across the globe :D

I think I've seen one by triumph! It's like a rubber band that goes around the boot tip!

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
Boot protectors probably come with a free box of tampons. Just sayin.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a

I've only ridden with my normal boots once, but if i was going to all the time I'd buy some man.. Not going to wreck a $230 pair of boots anytime soon!

AmpdMoto

Check Me Out on Youtube
Aug 28, 2015
I ride a
Harley Davidson VRod
I've only ridden with my normal boots once, but if i was going to all the time I'd buy some man.. Not going to wreck a $230 pair of boots anytime soon!

If you have good boots it won't wreck them. I've had my work boots (not actual riding boots) for years and I ride all the time and it hasn't hurt them at all. I only see you having an issue if you have cheap fake leather boots.

RoadSprock

Original Vlogs
Mar 7, 2016
United Kingdom
I ride a
If you have good boots it won't wreck them. I've had my work boots (not actual riding boots) for years and I ride all the time and it hasn't hurt them at all. I only see you having an issue if you have cheap fake leather boots.

Suede buddy, but I prefer my motorcycle boots as get more feel out of them and better movement. Probably because I'm more used to riding in them :D

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
i ride in normal shoes and don't tuck my laces in and haven't had a problem yet. i just make sure my shoes are tied tight.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Then I'll grab some when I'm buying some tampons for my gf :D
Seriously though, meh, what's so 'not manly' to want to extend the life of your boots?
http://www.thevisorshop.com/Mobile/...tm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom

Found that one, there's a few others on eBay that look better quality but can't share the link as using the app on my phone lol
These look neat, ima go look for some on ebay right now. Thanks Sprock

JonJeoprdy

Wanderer...
May 16, 2016
Colorado
I ride a
F800GS
I can understand the concern, and I won't say it can't happen, but I'd say it's a pretty low risk. I've never heard of anyone having trouble with their laces.

SalvageSV

Hopes he doesn't crash this month
Feb 18, 2016
Birmingham, AL
I ride a
Salvaged SV1000S
I'm a terrible person and ride in low-top leather shoes currently. I tuck the laces in the side. I've had the right side catch the peg when coming to a stop which was pretty damn scary. lol. I was able to save it though.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts