BikeReviewPortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BikeReviewPortal

Wannabie Member
Dec 8, 2011
I ride a
UK
The origonal name was going to be MotorcycleReviewPortal, but youtube said it was too long :(
Anyway,

BikeReviewPortal is the name of my youtube channel. I appreciate it has little to do with vloggs but the idea started to come about when I was looking for bike reviews when deciding what bike to get for my first 33bhp but was finding it hard to find any reviews on youtube, but since deciding which bike to get I have subscribed to other people on my other youtube account and found reviews I would have found helpful a few months ago, so I decided to put them all in one place on a youtube channel.

Apologies if it seems all over the place, but with most things I only randomly had this idea yesterday in the shower so am almost making it up as I go along...
The idea is to put a short clip of reviews from as many people as I can, the clips will be like a preview of just the best bits or of the intro with a link directly to the full video on the original channel so anyone viewing it on my channel will hopefully want to watch the whole video, giving the original owner the views they deserve.
If anyone wants me to put their video on my channel then I will not put it on until I get written/typed permission from the owner of the video.

The way it is likely to work is I will send an message to someone who's video I want to put up explaining that I will not put it up until I have specific permission, and all they have to say at this stage is if they are interested or not. If they are, I will download the origonal video straight from youtube and edit it into a 10-30 second clip, or maybe more depending on the individual video, then send a copy of the clip to the origonal owner asking for specific permission to put that video on my channel. Also if at any point someone decides they don't like the sound of their own voice, or some other reason, I will gladly take down the video if asked.

This idea is very much under development, the only thing I have done to my youtube page is add a very simple logo after half an hour of messing round on adobe fireworks and photoshop and realising I really don't have the skills to make anything good :oops:

I have another youtube account that I only use for watching videos, but I hope use it for motovlogging from around April time. I do however feel I am respected on another forum called TheMotorbikeForum. My name on there is mealexme and if you wish to message me on there to make sure I am the same person then feel free to. I am not going to link to my facebook page or anything because the other forum is as much "personal" information as I am comfortable giving out.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Here is a link to the channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BikeReviewP ... ature=mhee

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I have to say i don't like this idea. If there is a review by any of us on Youtube then it appears when you search for it, it seems all you'd be doing is annoying people by posting a teaser with a link. It would also be the case that people would subscribe to your channel having seen the teasers, when in fact all you will have done is trimmed a clip. All you would also be doing is in fact making it harder to find the reviews, by clogging the results with your teasers.

Don't take my word for gospel, others may like the idea, but i certainly won't be partaking

BikeReviewPortal

Wannabie Member
Dec 8, 2011
I ride a
UK
Thanks for the reply CurlyBlakey,
Agreed that it will appear if you search it in the search bar, however if you search for a particular bike using the search bar, from my experience you get a lot of "reviews" that are reviews of an exhaust system for the bike, or a video of them riding around and not saying anything about the experience etc.
Also someone that is new to the bike world may be wanting to look at a variety of bikes, but doesn't know which ones to search for so having a load in the same place will give them an easy way to look through a variety of videos with ease

I hadn't thought about it clogging up results, but I think having a link to the full video will help, as they can find the full review with a click of a button.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
I think a better way around it would be to set up a website/blog with the links, don't know about others but i googles for written reviews as well, if there was a directory (even part of motovlog) with the links to our videos then we have a easy directory, without any of the hassle/ownership issues of the clip idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts