Biker Fashion Faux Pas

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
What do you regard as biking fashion faux pas?

Red leathers on a pink bike? Fireblade jacket riding an R1? Non branded gear?

Let's hear them all, big bears up to full on fashionista comments, we're taking squids as read, so no need to mention them :)

Reactions: dandoolittle

BbqRider

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2015
I ride a
Suzuki DR650
Full ATGATT with dress shoes (seen it many times)

Garish brand jackets while riding another brand of bike (e.g. yellow and red Suzuki jacket while riding a green Kawasaki)

Not a faux-pas but always entertaining seeing a scooter rider in full leathers

Ride_NZ

Wannabie Member
Oct 11, 2015
New Zealand
I ride a
1995 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000
Well I am "fashion disabled" so whatever I do will be hideous. Currently if I forget to zip my jacket to my pants, whenever I lean forward I flash my lilly white ass to the cars behind. They think it's an approaching car flashing it's high beams

Reactions: Tash and TriumfAnt

BbqRider

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2015
I ride a
Suzuki DR650
Well I am "fashion disabled" so whatever I do will be hideous. Currently if I forget to zip my jacket to my pants, whenever I lean forward I flash my lilly white ass to the cars behind. They think it's an approaching car flashing it's high beams

I am guilty of this as well, especially considering my penchant for "plumber-pants"

Reactions: Ride_NZ

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
This Deau owner looks like a Policeman riding.

Comes in real handy filtering though, espcecially with an HID headlamp ;)

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Wearing any gear in addition to helmets and maybe gloves while riding 50cc mopeds and scooters seems to be the considered pretentious up here. As if you can't get a roadrash with 45kph.

40Yrold

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2015
I ride a
GSXR750
Fluorescent high visibility waterproof chaps :)

I have never seen the dress shoes yet.

Raven

Adventurer
Jan 4, 2016
Louisville, KY, USA
raven.deckyon.com
I ride a
2014 Honda NC700XD
Wish I could post a photo link, but I actually did commit the "ATGATT on a 50cc" last July at AMAVMD. I was scheduled for a KTMAD1290 demo ride and we had to show up in long pants, boots, gloves, jacket and helmet, so I had my Klim Misano Pants, Klim Misano Jacket, boots, gloves and helmet on a tiny hack of a ZM engine (chinese knockoff) based on a Jesse James chopper. I was draggin my elbows on the ground while riding this thing around that weekend, and the look I got riding to and from the demo ride were priceless. I do have a photo of me on that bike with all the gear on. God, that was a good freaking 4 days, though!

Dark Rider

Wannabie Member
Jan 4, 2016
I ride a
Suzuki GSR 600
Hmmm generally I don't mind if people wear mismatching gear as long as they are wearing something that could give some mild protection.

When i started out on my scooter I wore big thick leather welding gloves from my grand dad, my dads Honda Enduro jacket from the 70's, magnum Hiking boots and jeans....

In my mind I felt relatively safe. besides looking like some kind of fashion challenged oaf on a red 125cc Chinese scooter.

Now I'm a bit more coordinated going with a black, silver and white colour scheme. RST kit matches the black sliver and white of my GSR.

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
I cant really comment, Because i normally just wear what falls out closet first.

BUT
I hate hiviz.. I just hate it

Pigs

Wannabie Member
Dec 4, 2015
Portland, OR
I ride a
zx6r
Tassels, there is a time and a place for them and its not with motorcycles(or any where really)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts