Best way to set up a new channel on youtube? Brand accounts?

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Just to prove I don't know everything LOL (I actually know bugger all in tehg big scheme of things) - anyway...

I want to start a new youtube channel, and am a bit confused as to the best way to set it up so it does what i want.
I understand google account name = youtube channel name UNLESS it's set up as a brand account.

When I see creators with multiple channels eg Doug de Muro and More Doug de Muro - would they each be brand accounts or just the 2nd channel or.... ?

As it is I have a personal channel named 'landyvlad' and another personal channel; in my real name (not sure how that came about, but unintentionally)

So it may be a better option to change the name on one of those channels IF that's possible - which I think is possible using brand accounts?

The more I read and see on this the more confused I get.

Can anyone help clear the waters for me? (the opposite of muddy the waters)

Ta.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
When a youtube channel has been made, based on your gmail (which is a "new" thing, back in the days you could name your channel whatever), you can do a name change inside youtube.
I think you can do that from the first moment, although it is limited to how often you can change your name.

That way your new channel can get whatever name you want it to have, before making it public ;)

Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I honestly lost touch with the process but I think you will only get the option of a custom name/URL only if you meet the YT criteria right? The 1k subs or something..

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I honestly lost touch with the process but I think you will only get the option of a custom name/URL only if you meet the YT criteria right? The 1k subs or something..
The custom URL is once over 100 subs I think, but you can change your channel name. Make sure it is one you like and are going to stick with though as I think it is limited to the amount of times you can change it, but not sure on that.

Reactions: WildOn2s

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
Also make sure you make a seperate 'business' email for the Youtube channel as I changed my linked email back in January and lost all previous comments/replies I had made prior which pee'd me off!

Reactions: LandyVlad

motosera

Weirdo, mosher, freak
Jun 4, 2020
Cambridgeshire UK
www.motosera.com
I ride a
Honda CBR1100XX and Buel XB9R Custom
I have 2 channels on a single google account (my personal one and motosera) and can just switch between the 2. I have no idea if it was a good way to do it or not - but it seemed to work and keeps it all together.

But hey, whatever works - I'm sure there are a lot of ways to do it. Some more right than others!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
It's all good I figured it out :)

I don't suppose there's any way of moving playlists from one channel to another..?
You can create a new playlist on the new channel and add the videos to it that are uploaded in the old channel

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
When I started Moto Mengy I first created a brand new gmail account for it, and then used that new gmail address to create the new Youtube channel . This way my personal email and Youtube is separate from my motovlog channel and emails, which has turned out pretty easy to manage for me so far.

And yeah you get the custom channel URL at 100 subs.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
When I started Moto Mengy I first created a brand new gmail account for it, and then used that new gmail address to create the new Youtube channel . This way my personal email and Youtube is separate from my motovlog channel and emails, which has turned out pretty easy to manage for me so far.

And yeah you get the custom channel URL at 100 subs.
I wish I'd thought of doing that

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Yupe, the real problem starts when you have some spare time and end up with 5 youtube channels and thus 5 gmail accounts xD

Glad i'm back at just 2 ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Yeah I wish I'd done that too with the email thing.

Having said that - with a brand account in the contact email you can put an email that's different to the one your channel is linked to - so at least you aren't publicly showing your private email address.

You can create a new playlist on the new channel and add the videos to it that are uploaded in the old channel

Yeah but I have about 30 playlists with LOTS of videos so I was hoping (but not expecting) that I might just be able to transfer them all across.
As a work around I just made the playlists all private, with only a few public ones to be vieweable to my subscribers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone General Discussion 20

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts