Avoiding Commuting On The Bike

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
I work about 45 miles from my house and commuting in a car in the traffic here in the DC area is a NIGHTMARE. If I leave my house in my car at 530am, I can expect to get to my office around 7-715. On my bike I leave at the exact same time and I can expect to be sitting at my desk at 620am. Plus, we have HOV here that allows motorcycles so we dont have to sit in traffic (lane splitting/filtering) here is considered reckless driving and nobody wants that ticket. Also, we have HotLanes/Toll Roads that are also free for motorcycles so no only do I save time, but money as well. I also ride year round except for rain and snow. Those are the two days I won't ride. I now have a Versys 650 with the tail bag so no backpacks for me and I have the plugs for heated gear in the winter.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I work about 45 miles from my house and commuting in a car in the traffic here in the DC area is a NIGHTMARE. If I leave my house in my car at 530am, I can expect to get to my office around 7-715. On my bike I leave at the exact same time and I can expect to be sitting at my desk at 620am. Plus, we have HOV here that allows motorcycles so we dont have to sit in traffic (lane splitting/filtering) here is considered reckless driving and nobody wants that ticket. Also, we have HotLanes/Toll Roads that are also free for motorcycles so no only do I save time, but money as well. I also ride year round except for rain and snow. Those are the two days I won't ride. I now have a Versys 650 with the tail bag so no backpacks for me and I have the plugs for heated gear in the winter.
Two wheeling rules the world mate :cool:

Reactions: HippoDrone

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I have a 25 kms 22-30 minute commute. I have ridden to work a handful of times, I'm usually in a hurry and gearing up and getting the bike out would slow me down. Plus I work the long shifts too, sometimes I'm beat at the end of the day. I just want to get in the fat SUV and drive home with a limited amount of effort and concentration, lol

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts