Avoiding Commuting On The Bike

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I'm going to be making a few more routes for my journey, winter is coming and I'll be commuting in the dark, half asleep. Keep us updated with your commutes, would love to hear if anything improved for you.

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
I work about 45 miles from my house and commuting in a car in the traffic here in the DC area is a NIGHTMARE. If I leave my house in my car at 530am, I can expect to get to my office around 7-715. On my bike I leave at the exact same time and I can expect to be sitting at my desk at 620am. Plus, we have HOV here that allows motorcycles so we dont have to sit in traffic (lane splitting/filtering) here is considered reckless driving and nobody wants that ticket. Also, we have HotLanes/Toll Roads that are also free for motorcycles so no only do I save time, but money as well. I also ride year round except for rain and snow. Those are the two days I won't ride. I now have a Versys 650 with the tail bag so no backpacks for me and I have the plugs for heated gear in the winter.

RiderSkill

Wannabie Member
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
I ride a
BMW F800GS
I work about 45 miles from my house and commuting in a car in the traffic here in the DC area is a NIGHTMARE. If I leave my house in my car at 530am, I can expect to get to my office around 7-715. On my bike I leave at the exact same time and I can expect to be sitting at my desk at 620am. Plus, we have HOV here that allows motorcycles so we dont have to sit in traffic (lane splitting/filtering) here is considered reckless driving and nobody wants that ticket. Also, we have HotLanes/Toll Roads that are also free for motorcycles so no only do I save time, but money as well. I also ride year round except for rain and snow. Those are the two days I won't ride. I now have a Versys 650 with the tail bag so no backpacks for me and I have the plugs for heated gear in the winter.
Two wheeling rules the world mate :cool:

Reactions: HippoDrone

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
I have a 25 kms 22-30 minute commute. I have ridden to work a handful of times, I'm usually in a hurry and gearing up and getting the bike out would slow me down. Plus I work the long shifts too, sometimes I'm beat at the end of the day. I just want to get in the fat SUV and drive home with a limited amount of effort and concentration, lol

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts