Audio recorder

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Quick question, probably asked a 100 times before, but if you want to buy a separate audio recorder;
What are the characteristics that are most important?
What do you look for in terms of minimum quality?

No experience whatsoever in that area, so I want to do some research into the details a bit before I blindly buy something;)

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Yep either that one or the zoom h1 seem to be the go.

I’m seriously thinking of going external I just can’t get it as good in my new helmet as good as it was in the old one.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I use my phone. Two different apps, for different inputs - one for bluetooth and other for physical mic.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
First of all, I use Android phone.
Bluetooth audio sucks, to be honest. Just check any of my vlogs. And I have already performed some audio magic there, to get most of the noise out. I am not sure though, if it is the apps fault or my bluetooth headset fault. As I use pretty cheap bluetooth intercom too. Maybe with one of them intercoms, that cost kidney and a half, it will be perfect.
App I found, for recording over bluetooth is "Bluetooth voice recorder" by 0alex. It's free.

For wired mic, the options are endless. I happen to use "Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder", it gives me the possibilities of various file formats and adjusting gain. And that was all I needed. There is a fee and a paid version. Free is limited to 10 minute recordings, so just enough, to figure out, if it is for you or not.

Reactions: Meifesto

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
Well mine sure lasts few hours longer, than my camera. And I could also charge while riding, so I don't see a battery beeing a problem myself.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
When I’m riding two up I use a Zoom 4hn recoreder with good results if I have good mic placement under the helmet. When using a audio recorder make sure it’s carefully placed on your body. I bought a carry case with a belt loop to hold the Zoom, but when I placed it on my belt to rest on my hip, there was no room to attach my external mic when the recorder was in the case. The first time I tried it the audio jack snap off mid-way through a ride. I’ve made adjustments since then, but doing it the first time it wasn’t fun.

- Wolf

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I use an iPhone 6s with an app called Voice Record. I haven't found any limitations even in the free version for recording time, but I'm using the paid pro version now. But even the free version allows me to change the gain and record in multiple formats, bit rates, sample rates and bit depths. I've also used the zoom and a tascam, but found that having to have another electronic device in my pockets is annoying, and I take my phone everywhere, so the phone took on the new job rather than carry more crap.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I ocassionally use a Sony icd-px470, it does its duty, the con: uses AAAx2 batteries

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Was thinking about some china stuff.
Just for the small period time i need it.

The problem now is that i won't arrive in time xD

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts