Are these contests just an American thing?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited

I took out the dealer info to protect them. So I have never really figured out the appeal of making large amounts of noise, drivetrain wear and stress, and burnt rubber smell.

Tires cost money! If I were to go and compete I am looking at $350 USD for my rear tire. There seems to have been plans for only one winner so everyone else participating is out of the pocket and for what?

Do other countries have this sort of thing?

By the way, I suspect the event was cancelled due to noise issues and not anything weather or lack of partcipation.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I've never heard of things like this in the UK, but then I have never looked for things like this. We do have wheelie record attempts but they are kind of bigger things.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I have to admit I love the smell of burnt rubber. I have never participated in one of these events, but I have gone to motorcycle ones as well as car burn out comps. I know a few guys who own and restore old muscle cars that bring shitty wheels with them, mount them there, destroy them and put their good wheels back on. I have seen guys do that at the motocycle events as well.

And if you do one of these events somewhere other than an HD dealer, replacement tires usually cost way less. Went to one in Vegas during Bike Week out there back in 2010 and the shop where it was held put the new tire on for just the cost of the tire and tube if your bike required one. Removal, mounting, balancing all included. In the end they still made a ton of money off tires and tubes. That shop was pretty awesome, the mechanic taught me how to do my brakes the first time I brought the bike in for pads because he said he didn't want to ever do something so simple for me. Gotta love guys like that, teach a man to fish mentality and all.

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Reactions: lupin

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts