Are people still watching? Are your channels still growing?

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
I haven't been motovlogging for quite a while now for various reasons. I'm thinking about starting again but at this point with all the BS that has happened on YouTube the last few years I'm not really sure if its worth it. Are you guys still getting views? Are your channels still growing? Would I be better of spending my time doing something else?

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Dude! Comebacks are your thing!
Oh so you've seen my channel? I have done several comeback videos. Not sure if I want to try again. Seems like every time I do YouTube decides to do something that makes it even harder than before.

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Great topic but keep this in mind no matter what you hear from others-

The only person that has the final say in if a person plays the motovlogging game is them.

Now for the humorous response:

Youtube will require Aramathian subtitles in 2019. Brother Maynard may be able to help.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
People are still watching, but the feeling is different, cant quite put my finger on it.

I do feel like that after the youtube changes my motivation has gone a little bit.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
Do you enjoy riding bikes and making videos? If yes, then why not [have a come back], if no, then why not?
I still ride and I like making videos. I'm just not sure if I want to make motovlogs. I thought about changing the focus of the channel and doing other things in addition to motovlogs. I'm not sure how well that would work though.

RustyMoto

Wannabie Member
Oct 16, 2018
West Virginia
I ride a
2003 Yamaha R1, 2011 Kawasaki ZX14, 2017 Harley Roadster, 2017 Harley Street Rod, 2001 Honda Magna
I think if doing it just for fun then yes, growth is slow but it's growth. Views seem to vary by video.

Meifesto

L Plate Member
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Honda XL600R
It is slow, but it is still there.
Sometimes with a drop, sometimes with an unexpected growth.

Youtube definitely changed somethings, making everything feel differently.

PlanZ

Wannabie Member
Oct 15, 2017
North York Moors
I ride a
XSR700 - CRF250L
You get the odd video has slightly bizarre high view counts, but people seem reluctant to subscribe.
I think now a lot of views are from smart TV as well as other ways and it's hard to keep up with all the ones already followed.

As someone said above, it's nice to have material online to view yourself on long winter evenings.
Monetisation was hardly on the radar when it was something you could do without being a minor megastar, but it' nice not to feel you are playing to an empty room too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lupin General Discussion 3