LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Arc Is the World’s First Fully-Electric Café Racer

I don't know how I feel about this. I usually get excited about what electric bike companies are doing, even if its not something that is geared toward me, but I think this thing is just stupid, the article is terrible and the images are aweful. It's like the editor of the article and the manufacturers were like, "This thing kind of sucks so lets take pictures of our dark, boring looking bike against a black back drop with 3, maybe four candles burning in the room so no one can see it in the article."

What is everyone else's thoughts/gut reactions?

Reactions: Mr. G

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
200 miles range is not to be sniffed at, and it is covered in bling. I imagine it will be incredibly overpriced though.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
200 miles range is not to be sniffed at, and it is covered in bling. I imagine it will be incredibly overpriced though.

It mentions being priced at $117,000. That is why I'm not impressed.

Zero Motorcycles out of Santa Cruz California is hitting 150 miles and ridiculous torque for under 30 grand and then there's Lightning with the LS-218 which top speed is 218 and costs 39 grand. Its range is much less, especially pushing the speed boundries, at 100 miles.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I think I see where the actual manufacturer's website shots are going for as far as market.

It reminds me of the wallpaper on Tony Stark's computer in the first Iron Man.

It also reminds me of minimalism as a museum piece. If the price I saw of 117k USD is right and only 399 being made - museum is about right.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
It doesn't even feel like a cafe racer to me.

If i get the chance i will test ride it, but it won't be i bike i would want to own (certainly with the Zero's or Tacita on present day market)

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
The mileage thing has me stumped. The Japanese developed a car in 1949 that could do 200km o. A single charge. And now that's a big deal? Did the understanding and devlopment of electromagnetism just stop improving since then?

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Arc Is the World’s First Fully-Electric Café Racer

I don't know how I feel about this. I usually get excited about what electric bike companies are doing, even if its not something that is geared toward me, but I think this thing is just stupid, the article is terrible and the images are aweful. It's like the editor of the article and the manufacturers were like, "This thing kind of sucks so lets take pictures of our dark, boring looking bike against a black back drop with 3, maybe four candles burning in the room so no one can see it in the article."

What is everyone else's thoughts/gut reactions?
I agree with you. Seems like they did not want us to have a clean look at this thing. Why? Hmn.....shady

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The mileage thing has me stumped. The Japanese developed a car in 1949 that could do 200km o. A single charge. And now that's a big deal? Did the understanding and devlopment of electromagnetism just stop improving since then?
would it do 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and 125mph?
Electric vehicles never got developed then because it was easier to develop the internal combustion engine, and back then it was cheap to drill for oil.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
It doesn't even feel like a cafe racer to me.

If i get the chance i will test ride it, but it won't be i bike i would want to own (certainly with the Zero's or Tacita on present day market)
I am hoping zero drops in price myslf

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
would it do 0-60mph in 3.2 seconds and 125mph?
Electric vehicles never got developed then because it was easier to develop the internal combustion engine, and back then it was cheap to drill for oil.
True but electic storage of electric etc was massively developed. I think your point on the difference in output makes sense. That 1949 piece probably did like 30mph

Reactions: HippoDrone

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
True but electic storage of electric etc was massively developed. I think your point on the difference in output makes sense. That 1949 piece probably did like 30mph

I know from Zero that the first 3 or 4 years of production their mileage/battery life increased every with 10%.
One of the big factors of the milage is the very fast acceleration and the very small/slim battery.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
I am hoping zero drops in price myslf

I think we will see Zero, and other elctric motorcycle makers, dropping their prices in the next couple of years. I do know that they are making strides every year with their battery life and output and there are multiple after market developers working on faster charging as well as well range extention plugins for the Zero bikes. There is a podcast that has a lot of great info about it called Motorcycles & Misfits. They are out of Santa Cruz, Zero is also based there, and have people from the company and engineers who work on aftermarket parts on the podcast all the time.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I know from Zero that the first 3 or 4 years of production their mileage/battery life increased every with 10%.
One of the big factors of the milage is the very fast acceleration and the very small/slim battery.
I remember the lcal zero guy breaking down upgrades for me. It was basically spend this and get more charge and longer ride time

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I think we will see Zero, and other elctric motorcycle makers, dropping their prices in the next couple of years. I do know that they are making strides every year with their battery life and output and there are multiple after market developers working on faster charging as well as well range extention plugins for the Zero bikes. There is a podcast that has a lot of great info about it called Motorcycles & Misfits. They are out of Santa Cruz, Zero is also based there, and have people from the company and engineers who work on aftermarket parts on the podcast all the time.
Thanks

Reactions: LoneWolfer

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Does nothing for me.

I agree the pictures and write up isnt the best.

The Harley Livewire is being publicised much better and that bike appeals to me!

Reactions: LoneWolfer

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Saw the Arc thing in the flesh today at the Motorcycle Live bike show. It doesn't do anything for me in the flesh either. Very expensive paper weight as too hipster and impractical to be ridden much.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts