Anyone dabble in merch?

Moose M

Wannabie Member
Nov 10, 2021
I ride a
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Alright. We've all seen our favorite YouTuber's attach links to t-shirts and other odds and sods to their videos. Anyone here following suit and trying to sell their own merchandise on the back of their channel? If so, what tip and tricks have you learned to make sales...

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Alright. We've all seen our favorite YouTuber's attach links to t-shirts and other odds and sods to their videos. Anyone here following suit and trying to sell their own merchandise on the back of their channel? If so, what tip and tricks have you learned to make sales...
I've not currently got a merch thing going... all my stickers have been given away free on meets etc.

I was considering selling them. I have added a link t a mug on my channel, but I hate the cost of it, and that it is through YouTube, so they get a cut too.

I plan on creating a "store" of sorts and linking to that via a website if I can, but maybe only once I reach 5k subs

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I think selling merch only really works if you have a fairly large audience, say >30K subscribers or so. Most of those merch companies like Teespring only make items in batches, so you need enough people ordering stuff to regularly create groups of ten or so for each order. A small audience might never generate enough orders so anyone actually ordering stuff won't ever get them, which would just be frustrating.

That said, Dear has gotten me a few free merch samples of shirts, stickers, and pins, just for me to have. I wear my unique Moto Mengy shirt often! :D

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
It's something I'm starting to look into, if for nothing else than having my own branded stuff to wear.

-John

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I did a few years back and stopped it.

Unless you reach good subs not really worth your time.
Stickers are the only thing I feel that might be worth it.
Especially if you order up front and send out yourself, but that comes with an investment risk.

Reactions: Drakhen99

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
I've looked into it a little, and decided it's a ways out. I did however want some nice logo'd apparel to wear on camera for my wife and I. Luckily she works for the business side of Lands End, so she's setting us up with some nice embroidered kit. Plus, we get to use her discount.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts