Always wondered how so many people got on scooters in South Asia

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Was wandering around Khan Market in New Delhi and as usual loads of bikes and scooters around. One in particular - a Bajaj scooter the owner stated was built in Italy and was a direct copy of the Vespa - had a little front seat for kids. I thought it was fascinating.

smallseat1.jpg smallseat2.jpg smallseat3.jpg smallseat4.jpg smallseat5.jpg

renegadebiker24

This is my Brand New 2014 Honda CTX 1300
Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
Was wandering around Khan Market in New Delhi and as usual loads of bikes and scooters around. One in particular - a Bajaj scooter the owner stated was built in Italy and was a direct copy of the Vespa - had a little front seat for kids. I thought it was fascinating.

View attachment 1032 View attachment 1033 View attachment 1034 View attachment 1035 View attachment 1036
Hmmmm, there must be a sale going on with scooters and bikes there. I found something on youtube that I think was in vietnam, and it was like a parade of scooters that exxtended for a while:
A lot of scooters, huh?

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
I couldnt imagine riding in places like those, just seems like a death trap

Agreed. You would not get me on those roads even on legs.

I had a guy from India come to the UK once. I couldn't understand why a 40yr something didn't have a licence (had to drive him everywhere). He showed me some photos of his town, it was like hell on earth

renegadebiker24

Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
Agreed. You would not get me on those roads even on legs.

I had a guy from India come to the UK once. I couldn't understand why a 40yr something didn't have a licence (had to drive him everywhere). He showed me some photos of his town, it was like hell on earth
Yeah, Even that traffic in Vietnam has got to be insane.
I guess some countries need better traffic laws, and either a better police force, or something with all that traffic in those countries.

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Yeah, Even that traffic in Vietnam has got to be insane.
I guess some countries need better traffic laws, and either a better police force, or something with all that traffic in those countries.

Interesting thing with so much traffic is that no-one can go very fast, so it reduces the impact of any scrapes and bumps. And they don't worry about getting little scrapes and bumps. I'm not sure they even have insurance. Amazing how little road rage there is - a lot of honking and beeping, but they are used to people cutting across and not indicating, and expecting someone on the opposite side of the road to just do a u-turn right into their path.

The traffic laws and policing are pretty non-existent. The corruption and cost of the judicial system means the accused just keeps ramping up the appeal system until the little guy can't afford to take it further, so they don't bother starting. Contacts of mine in India say that people take matters into their own hands if they can, instead of taking the legal route.

Next time you are stuck in traffic on the way to some large UK metropolis, just be grateful you are not in South Asia, lol

When I retire I am going to move to India and soup up a tuk-tuk, new colour scheme, comfy seats, seatbelts, helmets for passengers, music, action camera, advertising, and just potter around charging three times as much as anyone else. Won't matter if it doesn't make any money, pension will cover all living costs, lol.

renegadebiker24

Jul 21, 2013
Springdale, Arkansas
I ride a
2014 Honda CTX 1300
Interesting thing with so much traffic is that no-one can go very fast, so it reduces the impact of any scrapes and bumps. And they don't worry about getting little scrapes and bumps. I'm not sure they even have insurance. Amazing how little road rage there is - a lot of honking and beeping, but they are used to people cutting across and not indicating, and expecting someone on the opposite side of the road to just do a u-turn right into their path.

The traffic laws and policing are pretty non-existent. The corruption and cost of the judicial system means the accused just keeps ramping up the appeal system until the little guy can't afford to take it further, so they don't bother starting. Contacts of mine in India say that people take matters into their own hands if they can, instead of taking the legal route.

Next time you are stuck in traffic on the way to some large UK metropolis, just be grateful you are not in South Asia, lol

When I retire I am going to move to India and soup up a tuk-tuk, new colour scheme, comfy seats, seatbelts, helmets for passengers, music, action camera, advertising, and just potter around charging three times as much as anyone else. Won't matter if it doesn't make any money, pension will cover all living costs, lol.

That is so true. Yeah, insurance there is probably non existant there. Yeah, it is amazing how there is no road rage there.

That sounds about right for the traffic laws and policing. The funny thing is, that even the judicial system here in the states are probably about as corrupt as over there too. Well then road rage would be non existent there, but violence would increase if they take the laws in to their own hands, and then it would be anarchy.

LOL on being stuck in a UK metropolis. :) I have yet to experience that luxury. LOL :)

Sounds like a pretty good plan on retirement, but I do not know if I would personally do it. LOL Too many ethics and morals that I would have that would guilt me into not doing it.

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
There's a new app in India for the tuktuk rickshaws where you can order a tuktuk like ordering a taxi and it tells you how much the price should be. What's really annoying is that I have been paying rip-off amounts! By about 10 times, and even when they asked for 200 rupees and I walked away, they had the audacity to storm off! For a local, the ride would be 20 rupees, not 200.

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
I was dying to ride something small when I was in Thailand, even something like a grom. Didn't have time, it looked like a BLAST, absolute free for all...

Reactions: O8ride

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO