tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Hi guys,

I've been here for a week now and am learning a lot and enjoying my time here. Finally I've got the permissions to post up my vlogs, so I am very keen to hear your opinions and get some feedback.

My plan is as follows;
  1. "One Day Adventure" or tour videos with a mix of onboard and external footage narrated, and with vlog style audio. Basically going to fun places, touring etc. by told in more of a story style. Similar to MotoGeo. MotoGeo is one of my favourite youtube channels!
  2. Chest mounted videos with speaking and raw audio (exhaust noise) going to exciting roads. This would be called "Riding"
  3. Helmet mounted normal style vlog talking about life in japan, news topics, bike culture, new models, accessories etc.
  4. DIY series called something like "In The Garage" doing videos on how to install a USB charger, or change your fork springs etc.
  5. Maybe something like a Podcast style. Just talking without any bike riding involved. Something for those rainy days. One thing I want to do is "Is my bike a real cafe racer or not" as I get tons of sh1t from people about me calling my bike a cafe racer. That's a rant I want to do that might not need a GoPro at all to get the point across haha
I have video making/editing experience from years ago, but have decided to get back into it as a hobby. Not interested in monetization and becoming a Youtuber or anything like that. Just have fun with the bike, practice camera work etc.

For now I've only made two videos.

First one is what would be called a "One Day Adventure" video. Link below

Second one would be called a "Riding" video

Really looking forward to hearing your advice/opinions, and just to be clear. I am not planning on using this website as a place to dumb links and hope to get views, likes, subs etc.

Well, that's enough rambling.

Awaiting your feedback.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Like I have said on our pm's @tarmacjapa your audio is great and the angle from the chest mount is quite cool too... Personally I'd prefer a mix of camera angles is possible. But your vids are nicely edited and the narrative on the one with a voice over is engaging too, whish is hard to pull off.

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Thanks guys. Dan, looking forward to hearing your opinions.

I stuck the GoPro on my helmet on the way to work this morning, so we will see how that turns out too. I may have messed up the recording and left it set on 6500 even though it's sunny today. Forgot to change settings from last time I used it which was a super cloudy day...

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Latest one. Next video I'm definitely going to try 16:9 Superview and also use a 2nd camera for a different view to cut to... What do you think? Facing rider, facing backwards to see traffic behind, swingarm or somewhere near exhaust?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Please read the forum rules about sharing content:

We welcome everyone to come and share their videos. We love finding new motovloggers and fully support you all where we can.

However, motovlog.com is not a dumping ground for your videos so we have come up with some simple rules for this section.

• To post in this section you need to have 5 posts per 7 days in other areas of the forum
  • You can reply to posts within this section but you CANNOT reply with your video posts (unless the OP has asked you to)
  • You cannot promote yourself or others in someones thread unless asked
  • You cannot keep bumping your own thread with videos. If we see this, we will delete the whole thread
  • Only members who have accounts older than 7 days can add threads
  • Videos are to be embedded not linked to
  • Posts in this section are not counted
  • Videos have to be embedded and playable here. They'll be deleted if not
Why have we made this rule?
  • Reduce the number of low quality posts to this section
  • Encourage members to be more interactive with motovlog members (We don't owe you views, you earn them)
  • Give those who interact with the forum more exposure while getting rid of the people who joined just for this section.
We don't owe you or your channel anything, if you want us to check out your videos, give us a reason for it and get involved. ;)

TO CONFIRM. THE SITE TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO REGISTER POSTS SO THERE IS NO POINT COMING ON, POSTING THEN COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO POST HERE, GIVE IT A FEW MINUTES, NORMALLY NO MORE THAN 10

UPDATE TO RULES HERE:

https://motovlog.com/threads/relaxe...d-video-threads-will-show-in-new-posts.17074/

Reactions: dandoolittle

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts