Adobe Premiere Pro Cc

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I've been experimenting with different external mics, mic settings and windscreens to reduce wind noise. Sound (on a technical level) is one of my editing weaknesses, but I'm hoping to improve.

- Wuf

Reactions: HippoDrone

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
I've been experimenting with different external mics, mic settings and windscreens to reduce wind noise. Sound (on a technical level) is one of my editing weaknesses, but I'm hoping to improve.
The best thing you can do, if you're not already doing it by other means, is to reduce the raw audio by -6 dB or so. You also need to probably reduce it further if you're planning on overlapping other audio (Music, etc.). Reducing the dB alone tends to help a lot with the wind noise. Then of course there are deadcats and the like that you can throw over your mic to further reduce wind noise.

What are you using for sound editing at the moment?

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017. I just shot a test this morning with my new mic and the recording setting set for low. The wind noise is there, but not on an overwhelming level. I'm going to order the faux fur windscreen and do another test when that arrives.

- Wuf

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017. I just shot a test this morning with my new mic and the recording setting set for low. The wind noise is there, but not on an overwhelming level. I'm going to order the faux fur windscreen and do another test when that arrives.
Nice man! Yeah, deadcats surprisingly help a lot if you can stand a little bit of fur getting into your mouth every once and awhile. :p Just make sure it's not rubbing up against the mic itself if at all possible. If you want to take it a step further, you can search for tutorials on how to do declipping and declicking on audio using Audition or something like Audacity (If you want a completely free solution).

The other thing to remember is that when you upload to YouTube (Assuming that's where your content is going), there will be even more audio compensation going on after it gets re-encoded there. Before I got my new helmet, I would notice that the wind noise was typically reduced significantly by YouTube once I uploaded a video.

Cherrie

Triumph Street Triple Rider
Mar 12, 2015
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Any more thoughts on the Adobe Premier vs Sony Vegas for those with experience in both? Which is better overall?

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
Any more thoughts on the Adobe Premier vs Sony Vegas for those with experience in both? Which is better overall?
My vote would go to Premiere unless budget is the overall concern. Premiere is a lot more powerful, and can integrate with other Adobe tools to allow even further content editing.

Cherrie

Triumph Street Triple Rider
Mar 12, 2015
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
My vote would go to Premiere unless budget is the overall concern. Premiere is a lot more powerful, and can integrate with other Adobe tools to allow even further content editing.
Thank you for the response! I will get onto learning Premier this summer! :)

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
Thank you for the response! I will get onto learning Premier this summer! :)
The other nice thing about Premiere is there are tons of tutorials and videos out there on how to do just about everything.

F4celess

Cold
Dec 20, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer
Remember that you don't need everything. Figure out what your problem is before you look up how to solve it.

RocketDust

Wannabie Member
May 14, 2017
I ride a
Yamaha R6
Hello to you too!!! I bought recently the adobe premiere pro cc and at first I was lost, but then i started searching for tutorials on youtube and now I feel like a PRO!! Search a lot and you will learn it too. Its worth every peny!!

Brapbarian

Wannabie Member
Feb 9, 2017
Springfield, MO
I ride a
2017 Yamaha WR250R
Hello to you too!!! I bought recently the adobe premiere pro cc and at first I was lost, but then i started searching for tutorials on youtube and now I feel like a PRO!! Search a lot and you will learn it too. Its worth every peny!!

So far so good working through it everytime I use it I learn something new

Reactions: RocketDust

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts