Adobe Premiere Pro Cc

True Racer

Wannabie Member
Dec 26, 2016
I ride a
Shifter Kart
I only have it so I can easily export in 60 fps but it is expensive if you are just starting. I started with cyberlink director.

MotoNoob

Wannabie Member
Dec 27, 2016
Middletown, DE
motonoob.com
I ride a
2002 Honda Shadow VT750
I get the full Adobe suite of products through work, so Premier was kind of a no brainer for me. That being said, having used Adobe products (Photoshop, Audition, etc.) for decades, it was an easy transition -- definitely more of a steeper learning curve, but I love the versatility.

AdydasNZ

Wannabie Member
Dec 23, 2016
Northland New Zealand
I ride a
Yamaha R1 2004
I love it but at $500 or such a year it would be much nicer to just buy the 2015 or what ever model software package and run with that for a year or three.. That said i do pay for it and enjoy it but i only do because i have some money i can throw at it.. its alot of money for someone younger in life to justify the cost..

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I’ve been happy with Premiere as I’ve been using it for nearly 24 years and have been happy with it, along with MACs. Currently, I’m not happy with the memory limit given to the laptop version and Mac seems to be moving away from the computer business and more to smart phones and mobile devices. I also like Sony Vegas, though i have no idea how to work the interface. I worked with a Vegas editor on a documentary project and was impressed with its ability. I’m planing on getting a new computer in the future, a desk top version with a high end graphics card and maximum RAM, and possibly a professional iPad. Macs can be patrician, so I’ll have the option of doing so and using both Mac and PC based software in the future.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
So far I’ve been lucky and have access to the CC through the University where I teach. Just got Premiere CC17. I miss the old days when you could just buy the program. This monthly rental crap is just a rip-off.

- Wuf

North Wolf

Outdoors guy
Nov 11, 2016
Orono, Maine
I ride a
Suzuki DR-Z400SM
So far I’ve been lucky and have access to the CC through the University where I teach. Just got Premiere CC17. I miss the old days when you could just buy the program. This monthly rental crap is just a rip-off.

- Wuf

Did you get your own version with the student/teacher licensing? or are you just using it at work?
I have been considering it since the 'education' licensing is supposed to be 60% off.
I got the master collection years ago (2009 I think...) with student licensing for about $500 and still have it on my MacBook Pro today. The thing that made it worth it for me was I could use Photoshop to create graphics, place them into After Effects to animate them, then send them to Premiere. Also had Sound Booth for audio work.
Unfortunately when I upgrade to a 4K capable setup it will be to a PC system so my mac version wont be any good.

I suppose the current question would be "is it worth the monthly fee, or should you get something else that you can just buy?"

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
As a faculty member I’m allocated a laptop with the Adobe CC software among other programs. I’m lucky, but I do miss when I could own the programs myself and download updates.

I wish I could comment on the Education licensing deal, but it does sound good. I know what you mean about the limits of the Mac system when dealing with the new levels of high res content. I’m not thinking of trading because all of my current files and externals are formatted for the Mac OS system. If I were to move to a PC platform my files would be unreadable. I’d have to work in a partitioned format, which is something that Macs can do, but without a more robust graphics card working in 2-4 K would be limited.

- Wuf

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I'm considering going down the adobe route. I've been using Vegas for a long time but it can't easily do some of the things I'd like. I think I may even have a older version of premier on my mac. Might have to dig it out and take a look.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I like Vegas, but I have no idea how its interface works. I wired with a friend to co-edit a documentary where he ran Vegas and we made decisions on shot selection, pacing and transitions. I was impressed by the program, but for now it’s only available on the PC.

- Wuf

sil3ntr

Motoflogger
Feb 2, 2017
Perth Western Australia
I ride a
Honda CBR250RR MC22
I have just this week started using (having already had a CC subscription), its pretty good, steep learning curve but lots of good tutorials out there on Youtube and alike to get you up and running quickly.

Just finished editing my first motovlog with it, I thought for a couple of hours invested it looked ok but I acknowledge I have a very long way to go.

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
Premiere Pro CC is great. That being said, you really don't unlock it's full potential unless you're going to be using it with After Effects, and Audition as well. The Adobe Dynamic Link features are really useful in Premiere, and make editing lengthy content way faster than the old pre-Dynamic Link workflow of rendering stuff out in After Effects, importing into Premiere, seeing if it's good, if not go back to After Effects, repeat.

For motovlogging, it's a bit overkill, but honestly I can do everything in Premiere, After Effects, and Audition in about 2-3x less time than it would take to do the same thing in Vegas or Final Cut.

Reactions: scooterwuf

Brapbarian

Wannabie Member
Feb 9, 2017
Springfield, MO
I ride a
2017 Yamaha WR250R
Premiere Pro CC is great. That being said, you really don't unlock it's full potential unless you're going to be using it with After Effects, and Audition as well. The Adobe Dynamic Link features are really useful in Premiere, and make editing lengthy content way faster than the old pre-Dynamic Link workflow of rendering stuff out in After Effects, importing into Premiere, seeing if it's good, if not go back to After Effects, repeat.

For motovlogging, it's a bit overkill, but honestly I can do everything in Premiere, After Effects, and Audition in about 2-3x less time than it would take to do the same thing in Vegas or Final Cut.

Yep been playing around in after effects and will start doing more with it, I will be the audition in here soon especially when working with soundtracks and dual cameras

Reactions: ClarkBrent

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i

Are you using audition for removing wind noise, or just mixing your sound?

- Wuf

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Just as an add in.... I recently bought Corel VideoStudioX10 and am very underwhelmed, the review sites said it was good and it has some features I require, but, BUT, it is very lacking in some basic features and I am finding myself needing to render twice via VSX10 and then Wondershare as I need features from both!

ClarkBrent

Wannabie Member
Apr 4, 2017
I ride a
ZX6R
Are you using audition for removing wind noise, or just mixing your sound?
I pretty much use Audition to reduce the dB on raw GoPro audio files using declip. It essentially cuts out the need to use an external audio capture device while recording your rides. Declick can be really useful too for certain situations.

I do most of the sound mixing directly in Premiere since it's a bit easier for me personally to do stuff like ducking or fades by visually being able to link up video cues with the audio.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts