A Scottish Expat In Manchester

captf

Wannabie Member
Apr 21, 2015
Manchester
I ride a
XJ6
Hola!

I'm captf [but 'capt' is fine], and I'm a Scottish expat in Manchester [as I jokingly refer to myself]
Been vlogging for only a couple of months, and still trying to find my style.

You'll typically find me pootling around Manchester on an XJ6 - or my YBR125 if I feel the urge, until it's sold - while talking utter gibberish to myself.

I started vlogging as a "may as well see what I can do..." after I got myself a camera for insurance purposes [which was because of my housemate getting into 2 accidents, one of which has been an insurance nightmare of liability denials].
So, I got myself a Ghost Drift S, with external mic and off I went.

I started editing with Movie Maker 6, before then trying the latest version of it. However, I'm now using the Sony Movie Studio trial, but with intent to buy it, since it's so simple to use.

Let's see how we get on... :)

captf

Wannabie Member
Apr 21, 2015
Manchester
I ride a
XJ6
That's me, yup.
Obviously couldn't link it due to not having enough posts

Not talking would be boring for videos for me - I do the same journey over and over, which only lasts 20 mins. Not much opportunity for interesting stuff. Although, it does happen occasionally.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Not talking would be boring for videos for me - I do the same journey over and over, which only lasts 20 mins. Not much opportunity for interesting stuff. Although, it does happen occasionally.
That's the joy of motovlogging. We all do it differently :)

BarcelonaR

Prapapapaaa!
Apr 23, 2015
Barcelona, Catalonia
I ride a
CBF 500
Newbie here, too. Welcome!! Are there nice roads to ride in Scotland? A project of mine is to do a long bike trip to you country. Maybe when I have enough money to buy a full GORE-TEX suit, haha. I'm from Barcelona, so I'm not really used to riding in the rain. Ride safe!

Vs!

captf

Wannabie Member
Apr 21, 2015
Manchester
I ride a
XJ6
Couldn't really tell you for sure - I didn't get a bike until I'd moved to England.
But given how scenic Scotland can be in general, you can pretty much pick a direction and something pretty will appear. Coastal routes are quite popular, I believe.

CrankyBiker

Wannabie Member
Aug 24, 2014
Greenville SC
I ride a
Triumph Speed Triple
Hello from another newb! Thanks for explaining what the CBT is...I've heard that term from other UK vloggers but couldn't figure out exactly what it mean.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Scotland easily has the best biking roads in the UK, followed by some areas of North Wales.

England is a bit pants really in comparison :p

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Wales appears to have managed to get a deal on 50mph signs over the winter according to an advanced instructor over there.

And if you go to Scotland, A816 south out of Oban. Not been on it, but seen some great vids of it.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts