The Solar Bear Challenge 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
The Solar Bear Challenge (SBC) is a fun way for motovloggers to get on their motorbike in winter, assuming you live in a warmer climate. The ultimate point of the challenge is to have fun, in a safe environment. The SBC runs in parallel to the Polar Bear Challenge, for those that live in particularly harsh climates.

In 2010-2011, RC62 moderated the first SBC, the objective was to spell out the word "Solar Bear" by finding street signs that begin with the particular letters.

The challenge has run each year since then, with different challenges for each letter. But this year the ring master was unable to do it, so I have been given permission to hold the fort temporarily. TheMotorick won last year’s challenge, run by Gunnar GBTW.

The challenge this year is running on www.motovlog.com, and I will endeavour to update a leader board as regularly as possible.

No need to “register”, just start your challenges and post up your video.

The rules

1. Ride safe! Do not put yourself in danger.

2. The SBC will run from December 1st to February 28th.

3. You can only put up one video on any day, and each challenge should be undertaken on a different day. Post your video on your YouTube channel and post a link to it on this thread.

4. The challenges should be undertaken in order. You can skip one challenge and move on to the next one, and complete the skipped challenge at the end.

5. You must ride a motorcycle or scooter (trikes and quads OK) and have posted at least one YouTube video riding and vlogging.

6. Once you complete your challenge, park your bike nearby (only when and where it is safe to do so) and run, or walk around your bike 3 times while chanting loudly “Solar Bear”, “Solar Bear”, “Solar Bear”. Bonus points if you get third parties to join you.

7. Each vlog must be at least 3 minutes long.

8. Bonus points can be awarded for particularly interesting, quirky, funny vlogs.

9. The winner of the 2014/15 SBC will be the one with the most points by March 1st.

The challenges

S - Slowcoach - Vlog on a quiet straight road for 100yards going as slow as you possibly can. No editing. Include failures.

O - Outback - Get away from the urban environment.

or Own Goal – If weather conditions prevent Outback due to safety - Vlog about how your own actions at some point caused the completely opposite outcome that you were looking for

L - Left Luggage - Ride to and vlog inside/around your local train/bus/whatever station wearing your gear

A - Anchor - Newscaster for a day. Vlog about a local news story as if you are the main reporter while riding your bike.

R - Review - Find some other parked bikes and review them. Personal opinions and observations mean more than your bike knowledge.

B - Brunch - Take in some food / liquid refreshment in your local – or not so local – hostelry or cafe.

E - Elemental - Earth, water, air or fire. What’s your local area renowned for?

A - Amusing - Timing is everything. Do you have what it takes to make people laugh?

R - Reveal - A little-known or forgotten local fact

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Video only but relevant replys will be allowed here. You do not need to post in 'post your video' section if posted here

Post is now sticky

Reactions: O8ride

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
P. S

The leader will have their video in the sidebar for a month as well. The top posters will lose that spot

@O8ride will have final say so on the winner

I'll need to know the cut of period

Reactions: O8ride

TWUK

TwoWheelsUK
Nov 30, 2014
I ride a
Honda CBR125R
If only I had my skeleton case and microphone already eh!

Guybrush

Gunnar GBTW on the Tube
Apr 26, 2013
Zoetermeer
I ride a
F800GS
Actually didn't Triumfant win? Motorick was second, his prize went to Meifesto (that i still have not seen this year :|) and third place went to TheJediUkUK. I also gave a prize to Gloverintl :)

I am going to be in this year aswell! :)

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Hey Gunnar, welcome on board. Did I get it totally wrong? That's the price of age, my memory aint what it used to be!

O8ride

O8
May 16, 2013
I ride a
Inbetween bikes
Fantastic! Does that mean I don't have to dig deep - either financially or cranially - to produce some kind of prize?

And many apologies TriumfAnt, I wish I had been informed earlier.

NOTE TO ALL: TriumfAnt is the current holder of the Solar Bear Challenge!

TriumfAnt

It was good while it lasted
Jan 20, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800XC
Fantastic! Does that mean I don't have to dig deep - either financially or cranially - to produce some kind of prize?

I believe that's correct. I just pass the trophy on to the new winner, assuming I don't win it again :) Unlikely, as my chiropractor has told me to stay off my bike for another month, so I'll be playing catch-up.

The more people who enter, the better.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I'll be looking at starting in January as I've work commitments taking me away from the bike until just before Christmas :(

Reactions: TriumfAnt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts