Need recommendation for software and workflow

Shingor6

Wannabie Member
Apr 2, 2023
I ride a
Ktm 1290 sar
I'm really used to photography workflow for which I use mostly adobe lightroom.

What I need to do :

- Post production stabilisation and lens
- Lens correction
- White balance
- Exposure correction
- Audio and video simple montage
- Very small text, transition or minimal effect

Here's my need :
  • No subscription, either free or one time purchase
  • My time is precious, the video are mainly for me and my family, I want something simple and efficient.
  • Support both mac and PC
  • Support 10 bit video
  • Support hardware encoding and decoding H265 or AV1
I would prefer one software to do it all but I can manage with 2 different software.

Thank you

Reactions: nicearunk

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I don't know about it's specs or if it works with mac, but I use Filmora Wondershare to edit, the version I have is a one off payment, it is super simple to use, so small learning curve, and it has many features of the higher end editing software.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I use kdenlive. It's freeware and should tick all the boxes, except I don't quite know what you mean with "Exposure correction". If you mean brightness and contrast adjustment, that it has, but if you mean something like with photographic raw files, then I doubt it.
edit: also I have never used it on mac, but I know they have a download option for mac

lonerockz

Wannabie Member
Mar 23, 2023
California
I ride a
BMW R1250 GSA, Triumph Tiger Explorer, Yamaha Nmax 125
I'll make a plug for Davinci Resolve. It is not the most simple tool, but to do the basics it isn't that hard to use. It has the advantage that if you ever want to do anything you will be able to do it. One of my frustrations with "simple" tools is that eventually you want do to something they can't do. Then you are stuck either not doing it or having to switch to a new tool. There is a ton of great content on Youtube that will teach you how to do anything that you might ever want to do in Davinci.

If you do your work on PC you do need to buy the studio version for it to render video with your graphics card. The free version will use an M series Mac's GPUs.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Shingor6

Wannabie Member
Apr 2, 2023
I ride a
Ktm 1290 sar
I'll make a plug for Davinci Resolve. It is not the most simple tool, but to do the basics it isn't that hard to use. It has the advantage that if you ever want to do anything you will be able to do it. One of my frustrations with "simple" tools is that eventually you want do to something they can't do. Then you are stuck either not doing it or having to switch to a new tool. There is a ton of great content on Youtube that will teach you how to do anything that you might ever want to do in Davinci.

If you do your work on PC you do need to buy the studio version for it to render video with your graphics card. The free version will use an M series Mac's GPUs.
I just tried the studio version on pc, holy crap the av1 encoding is fast with my nvidia 4090 gpu.

Reactions: lonerockz

lonerockz

Wannabie Member
Mar 23, 2023
California
I ride a
BMW R1250 GSA, Triumph Tiger Explorer, Yamaha Nmax 125
I just tried the studio version on pc, holy crap the av1 encoding is fast with my nvidia 4090 gpu.
Yeah, even my laptops 3080 does it in about 30% of the time of the length of the video. That’s even with 360 video.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I do all of my editing in Davinci Resolve. I have made a number of videos on Resolve for my channel - link in my signature. I recently did one showing my workflow, starting with a multicam clip and fully editing a simple video.

I also color-grade my GoPro footage [I record in Flat color profile] and do some audio tricks with plugins. Between the shortcuts, plugins, and lots of practice, my editing time is a good 500% faster than it used to be. I can turn out a simple video in as little as an hour, and I recently did a complex, 5-camera vlog in 4 hours.

-John

Reactions: lonerockz

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts